Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door light where the other lights in the panel by the steering wheel will not turn off. Also, my remote will not lock the doors. It will just make a solid beeping noise. I have checked the owners manual and I can not find the answer to this item. All of the doors are closed. I have made sure of that. The only way I can lock the doors is by using the actual key. When I do that the door light inside is still on. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Also check the suicide doors, by the bottom panel. If something's blocking the sensor down there it will do the same. I had a strap from a laptop bag hanging just barely out down there and it caused the same problems.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
The back window got me once. Was irritating because I had forgotten I opened it and couldn't figure it out.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Pulling out of Mitchell SD early one morning in January when it was -18F and the FJ had been sitting outside, I couldn't get the door light to go out. Opened and closed all the doors and got it to go out- must have just been stuck from the cold.

·
Admin
8,477 Posts
When it's cold here the driver side suicide door needs a bit more oomph to close properly or it shows as open when pressing against the driver door or making a right turn :D

I also noticed it's a bit stickier to open than the passenger one... not sure what that's about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts