Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all Doors closed tightly,indicator on dash remains lit.Key Fob will not lock doors.Also Rear wiper not working,unrelated.Any Help would be appreciated.

·
fka Silverheels
128 Posts
Check the window in the rear door. If it is not latched the light will be on and the wiper will not work. It may look closed as they stick if not used very often. Hope this helps. :cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Btw to open the back glass you put your key in the back door and turn it right for three seconds, it took me a year to figure that out. LOL

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sometimes the door needs to be adjusted in to push in the switch more. Leave the dome lights on "door" then close all the doors and one at a time give them a push once closed and hold and see if the dome lights turn off and the dash indicator shuts off. May help to have someone sit inside the cab and watch the indicator. I see this all the time.
You could just have a bad switch too. I also check them one at a time. If the indicator doesn't go off when you depress it then it's FUBAR.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all!:clap:Small bit of ice on rear window seal,problem solved.I hope someday i can help you guy's out.

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
Thanks to the "search" function I figured out why the truck wasn't locking. Instead of starting another thread about this. Turns out the rear window was open.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You guys rock! Thank you. I have been opening and closing the doors for days trying to get the light to go off. I didn’t even know the window opened. My locks were frozen so I had to fiddle the lock and obviously opened the window without noticing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts