Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do: put your wallet, or map, or gym club card, or compass, in that little hidden compartment up in the dash. :lookaround:

Don't: put two Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars in there, and then forget that they are there, in hot weather! (with a wallet, map, gym card & compass)

Go ahead, let me have it! :flame:

Ok, so what do you use it for?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I keep my gloves in there. Not really much room. Gloves so I can always be able to quickly grab them (except last weekend...).

·
Registered
851 Posts
pocket knife, extra safety glasses for work, napkins for when I spill my beer (j/k!), and the charger for pocket PC, because the dang FJ only has one power port!! Oh, and maps when I remember to bring them.:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
sunglasses, multi tool knife, some pens and pencils for school, wallet and phone sometimes

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
3 pairs of sunglasses in mine.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Garage door opener, cause toyota forgot to put the programmable one for the visor into the options :(

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Gum doesn't work in there very good either. Here's my Kahr .40 named Edna. I named her after a teacher that was at my high school. She was small and packed a punch. She bairly fits in there. And I have the GPS plugged in.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Sunglasses, Magellan, stylus, Dust, no candy bar, I put them in my freezer.

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
2 pairs of shades, change, lighter, pen, gum, 380 when traveling

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've got a spare crummy pair of sunglasses (in case the melt and bend), ipod AUX cable, and a bunch of mail that I never opened.

I've noticed it gets very hot in there when the suns out, and my sunglasses were pretty bendable after a couple hours in the compartment.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Gum, napkins, cord for the radar detector, and occasionally a snack (non meltable snack)

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Topo maps for the local area where ever we are.... oh and stickers, for whatever reason we always have a crap load of stickers

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Leatherman, led headlamp, winching gloves.

I would recommend everyone keep a headlamp in their FJ for a couple things. Any problems under the hood at night or changing a spare tire at night.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts