Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i blew some more money i didn't have.. (it never ever stops).

Install: Super easy. The only pain is getting those bolt's off the stock exhaust. The hi-lift handle we used works great as a cheater bar. Still doable, but takes a lot of strength without that leverage.

Performance: MudlovingFJ and I both agree it gave me some more power.

Sound: I love it. Honestly, for those that have heard A2A's rig in person, think of how it would sound without a 3" piping and 400 hp... :rofl:

AND for kicks..

Started it for a couple seconds with only the headers and first set of cat's.. SOUNDED AWESOME IN PERSON!

---

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Dude that sounds so sick with open headers!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
The no headers sound clip, no words to express. I didn't know a 6 could sound that awesome.

The y-pipe looks good. I will be making that purchase. Thanks for taking the time to make the sounds files. Jeshua, you thinking about this one or do you have the URD?

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
It sounded really good open header (or open manifold with cats, whatever)

I really felt a power difference in his truck, it accelerates much quicker and sounds really good

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
The no headers sound clip, no words to express. I didn't know a 6 could sound that awesome.

The y-pipe looks good. I will be making that purchase. Thanks for taking the time to make the sounds files. Jeshua, you thinking about this one or do you have the URD?
No more mods on the FJ so not going to get it. If I was going to keep modding I would get it for sure, if it fit the manual that is.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What do you guys recommend spraying on to prevent rust? I would really like to pair this up with my new afe exhaust!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
What do you guys recommend spraying on to prevent rust? I would really like to pair this up with my new afe exhaust!
x2

and, How much do you have to worry about rusting with aluminized steel?

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
That sound clip was geat, did you guys install the headers yourself, and if so how hard was it?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Sounds awesome! I wonder how it would sound with the DT headers and the DT y pipe. Basically an exhaust setup with no cats and a stock back half. I can already feel my wallet burning a hole in my pocket.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
That sound clip was geat, did you guys install the headers yourself, and if so how hard was it?
I am pretty sure by headers they meant the stock exhaust manifolds and the precats. That was the "just headers" clip. The only thing bolted on was the Doug Thorley y-pipe. But i could be wrong.

The y-pipe is bolt on. I'd say 30 minutes assuming you get the factory one off without much hassle.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am pretty sure by headers they meant the stock exhaust manifolds and the precats. That was the "just headers" clip. The only thing bolted on was the Doug Thorley y-pipe. But i could be wrong.

The y-pipe is bolt on. I'd say 30 minutes assuming you get the factory one off without much hassle.

Yeah thats what i meant. The y-pipe was not on yet.

30-45 minutes should be good.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
That would be good for a 50hp loss :lol:

But it would sound SOOO cool.. :rocker:
Correctomundo, don't you need a little back pressure for it to run properly?

Dom, have you seen the 2 roads to Taupo on iTunes, it was on the speed channel. Kind of like 2 roads to baja.
There is a clip of the team necessary driving right after they got it off the boat, and he floors it, that sounded exactly like the clip you posted.

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts

Gotcha, thanks for the reply. I put my URD Y Pipe on tonight didn't think to fire it up before I finished...wish I would have.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Lonely driver that is sweet man. I wish he would have gave that engine a rev.

I am definitely going to run mine for a second with the exhaust detached. Thankfully the neighbors will all be at work and won't come over to complain.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Sounds great Dom. You're just evil with mods. :D

1 - 20 of 80 Posts