Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I Put a deposit on this killer 2007 FJ.It’s a beautiful beast. Thanks My concern is I need to drive this 1000 miles back to NJ from Florida. The vehicle is shaking abit at high speed so surely think the tires are the culprit if not balanced.
I want to make sure before pulling the trigger if there is something to check on a slight sterling pulsación at 50 mph or up.

love the vehicle but asking what I can say to the seller to Remedy this perhaps.

Any guidance would help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Probly missing some wheel weights. Are they old tires. Maybe have them drop the price a bit so you can get new ones :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
The only thing better than dog and FJ pics, is pics of dogs in FJs!

When I bought my FJ, even though there was plenty of tread left it needed new tires.
It drove so much better afterwards it was hard to believe, and that's knowing they needed replacement.
I'd see about having the vehicle go in for an alignment and checkout. See if the seller will pay for it or at least pay half on the basis of safety. Worse case, the buyer won't budge and the tires are cupped or worn and you put another $1000 in before aheading North. That's a long trip to have to deal with annoying or questionable tires.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Tires dont look that worn. I would ask the seller to do a road-force balancing of all the tires on the vehicle and see if that eliminates the problem.. Should either cost the seller nothing or up to $25 per tire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi and thanks so much for the feedback. Simply the seller rotated the tires and truly made a huge difference. The deal is done and I am thrilled with my purchase. Dogs and me are very happy. Getting prices on the Falkan Wildpeaks. May make the move on these before heading North. But for now just enjoying this ride....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts