Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an average poor college student thats dying to get an FJ, but no dealer is leasing (which is my cheapest option) them for less than 425-500! the most I can do is 350 with 1500 out of pocket.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
I'm an average poor college student thats dying to get an FJ, but no dealer is leasing (which is my cheapest option) them for less than 425-500! the most I can do is 350 with 1500 out of pocket.
Wow. I'd say if you keep looking, particularly on line, you'll probably find what you're looking for.

Consider this though. Even if you can't make it happen now, don't worry about it. It'll happen. You certainly don't want to get in over your head if you simply aren't there yet. Just keep saving a little bit at a time and you'll be in one before you know it.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
It was the first purchase i made after i got my job out of college. All in due time buddy. Just keep studying hard and start saving up a little bit at a time right now to put down as your down payment. Or try and find one used really cheap. I would just wait and get exactly what you want like it did.

·
Registered
911 Posts
i bet you can get a used 07 for about 22 grand with a 1500 down and a good credit rating it will put you in the 350 range, i just helped a friend of mine get a tacoma for 22000 he put down like 1800, and he's paying 355 per month.

its so doable men, you just need to find a used one.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Keep on dreaming brother. My dream is a Yellow Mercedes "SLR" with a bumper sticker that says, "My Other Ride Is An FJ-Cruiser". I will achieve that dream.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I agree with the others, just be patient. Because if you buy it now, and strap yourself to a payment that's going to be hard for you to make each month, then how ya gonna pay for mods?? :lol: Just wait until you know you can do it without putting yourself in a bind. You'll enjoy it more if you don't have to stress about making the payments on it. :)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I agree with the others, just be patient. Because if you buy it now, and strap yourself to a payment that's going to be hard for you to make each month, then how ya gonna pay for mods?? :lol: Just wait until you know you can do it without putting yourself in a bind. You'll enjoy it more if you don't have to stress about making the payments on it. :)
Well said Jenny! Even if you are able to scrape up enough funds to make the payments each month, you'll never truly feel comfortable wheeling it as you know you won't be able to afford mods or fix damages. In another year, there will be more FJs on the market and they'll be more affordable too.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Good luck man!

I'm paying $500/month and it's not a lease. IT BLOWS!

But it is damn worth it!
True dat. I am trying to pay mine off quick.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Just keep saving you pennies and soon you'll eventually get it!:cheers:

·
Registered
831 Posts
500 is that with no money down? Im paying 265 a month but i put alot down.

·
Registered
851 Posts
500 is that with no money down? Im paying 265 a month but i put alot down.
Wow. You must've put quite a chunk down on that baby! I wish my payments were even close to that low, and I thought I was putting down a lot!! Good thinking, NACH. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
If that's what you can afford for payments have you thought about the cost of insurance and gas?? I did a little math the other day and I'm spending $350+ on gas each month. And it's only going to go up. I can't wait to graduate from uni next year!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Well said Jenny! Even if you are able to scrape up enough funds to make the payments each month, you'll never truly feel comfortable wheeling it as you know you won't be able to afford mods or fix damages. In another year, there will be more FJs on the market and they'll be more affordable too.
X2! :rocker:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
i bet you can get a used 07 for about 22 grand with a 1500 down and a good credit rating it will put you in the 350 range, i just helped a friend of mine get a tacoma for 22000 he put down like 1800, and he's paying 355 per month.

its so doable men, you just need to find a used one.
Ditto, should be doable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey fjamming do you live in pomona NY?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I'm in Pomona, CA

·
Registered
84 Posts
Many dealers have nicely equipped 07s listed for ~$26K, which means ~$21K...but this will not include tax, title, etc.

I've bought a few used cars and I just whack 20% off their listed price and I don't budge. Or, I just leave. With the current fuel climate, these babies ain't flyin' off the lot!

·
Registered
150 Posts
take the 350 you can afford and put it in saving every month no matter what just like a payment and in six short months you will have 3600$ to put down. also buy don't lease. no matter what a dealer tells you you can't rent a vehicle and be better off than buying. leasing is a way for someone to drive more car than they can afford, a quote from a dealer friend.

I got them to come off 3K on a base "08" plus move on my trade. 4x4's are sitting on lots due to gas prices.

·
Registered
831 Posts
well i traded my 07 rubicon that was just falling apart and i was totally not happy with it so i got 18k for it ouch...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts