Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems with my driver side glove box not opening/closing properly. Today I pulled it to re-install my cluster gauges and noticed that one of the plastic nipples used for the release button has broken off. I'm sure I busted it removing it too many times. Damn plastic parts! :mad:

Any one done a fix for this?

Any one know what a replacement costs?

I'm going to try and fix it first since that is the only thing wrong with it.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I think you're the first on this one so post up a pic and maybe someone will get an idea. Best'o luck though.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As you can see in this pic, I have placed a 1/8" drill bit in the hole where something use to be. It was some kind of plastic pin, I would guess, and I have lost it. The 1/8" drill bit is a perfect fit for size. The switch works perfectly with the drill bit in the whole. Just need to find something smaller for the fix.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Maybe a pop rivet or a small screw and nut to hold it. Good pic.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the pop rivet idea. An 1/8" pop rivet shaft, cut to 1/2" length. Carefully put a drop of Gorilla glue in the hole and then push the rivet in. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Thanks for the idea. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it fixed. Used the rivet out of one of these. The rivet was a tad bigger than 1/8" and a little long, but a little sanding and clipping and it was a press in fit. :)

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pic Nestor. I have no idea how I lost mine. Must of not been in there very tight.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts