Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced this problem. Also, does anyone know if a relay is involved in the operation of the door lock? I looked at the electrical and couldn't tell for sure. The parts guy at the dealer had no clue, go figure...

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
It could either be the switch itself or the solenoid that activates the door lock mechanism. However, assuming your passenger side switch works fine, it's likely the switch. You might try swapping the two switches to see if that's the case.

And, it might just be a loose connection between the switch and the harness plug.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i had a problem with mine right off the bat but turned out it was my fault during aftermarket stereo installation i didnt plug it back together all the way, cost me 50 dollars for a diagnosis from out friendly toyo dealer!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could either be the switch itself or the solenoid that activates the door lock mechanism. However, assuming your passenger side switch works fine, it's likely the switch. You might try swapping the two switches to see if that's the case.

And, it might just be a loose connection between the switch and the harness plug.
The fob unlock doesn't work either. So now I'm not sure whether it's the solenoid or the Body Computer. The solenoid is $280 for the part, probably 1 hour labor, so I am looking at a $400 repair before it's done. Do you think those parts are available used or in a junk yard?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Wouldn't this be covered under warranty?

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
I've had this problem exactly twice. About 1 month after I owed the truck back in late 2006.

It happened on a warm day, twice in the driveway.

I used the keyless entry fobs with the same result -- I would unlock the truck but the door would stay locked.

I took it to the dealer... "Unable to reproduce customer described symptoms..."

It has never had the problem since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts