Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
WHOA!!!!!:jawdrop: never heard about this before!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I am glad this thread popped back up. I missed it the first time around. The SPOT device almost seems like a must have and as mentioned, pretty affordable.

As for Sat Phones, they can also be pretty affordable. We rented one for our Mojave Road run in June. $45 total, didn't need to use it, paid $9 a day rental, they pay for shipping both ways. Good peace of mind with a group of people out of cell range.

I am thinking the SPOT will be our next recovery mod.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am glad this thread popped back up. I missed it the first time around. The SPOT device almost seems like a must have and as mentioned, pretty affordable.

As for Sat Phones, they can also be pretty affordable. We rented one for our Mojave Road run in June. $45 total, didn't need to use it, paid $9 a day rental, they pay for shipping both ways. Good peace of mind with a group of people out of cell range.

I am thinking the SPOT will be our next recovery mod.
Where did you rent the Sat phone from? This is something I would be interested in doing for some of the longer expeditions I go on.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Where did you rent the Sat phone from? This is something I would be interested in doing for some of the longer expeditions I go on.
X2

Please PM me

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wow. What a story. So sad.

In regards to the SPOT. It has been used several times this year to help rescue individuals in trouble. It has only been out for a few months!

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Tragic story.

But on a more positive note, we must be able to somehow turn this into an opportunity to not use our brains more but instead buy more stuff that we don't really need if we used our brains more.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts