Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new FJ this week and it is great! Just one small thing that i didn't expect...
I am only 5'2" and even at the highest setting i feel like i am sitting very low in the driver's seat. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way?
Thanks!
:)

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Minor details..............the intent was there.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
well. you could try to stack a pillow or something if you continue to feel that you cant have good visibility.

I'm about the same height, and when I first got in the car I feel the same way.. but it only took a week or so for me to adjust to it, and I have plenty of visibility and can see my surrounding just fine.. This car does have a lot more interior room than some of the other car.. especially the distant between you and the windshield.. (and I am liking it a lot now..)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Same height here--- I think it may be an advantage, actually, because
if you sit higher it becomes harder to see the traffic lights.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
This happened to my buddy's wife as well. She's the same hight...he bought it as a surprise for her. Unfortunately, the surprise was on him when he realized that she couldn't see over the dash. Having already brought it home from the dealer, he couldn't take it back (not sure that he wanted to anyway). But I think Toyota should build a little more adjustability into the ride height of the FJ. Otherwise, I'd try to get a fabricator to make a "booster bracket" that can be mounted under the seat. Let us know what works for you and I'll be sure to pass the info along to my buddy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I was surprised b/c this isn't an issue in my boyfriend's Tundra or any other vehicle i have driven/owned.
If i don't get used to the seat height in the next month or so and do more than a pillow :) i will let you know. My friend is a fabricator so a "booster seat bracket" might just happen!

This happened to my buddy's wife as well. She's the same hight...he bought it as a surprise for her. Unfortunately, the surprise was on him when he realized that she couldn't see over the dash. Having already brought it home from the dealer, he couldn't take it back (not sure that he wanted to anyway). But I think Toyota should build a little more adjustability into the ride height of the FJ. Otherwise, I'd try to get a fabricator to make a "booster bracket" that can be mounted under the seat. Let us know what works for you and I'll be sure to pass the info along to my buddy.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If all you need is a few inches than your buddy should be able to build a real simple bracket for you. I took the seats out to install heated seat pads and they are real simple to remove and re-install with 4 bolts. All you need is the additional hieght and 8 new longer bolts to hook it up.

My wife is only 5' tall I am 6'4". She has shown no desire to drive it so I don't know what it would be like for her. I didn't buy the truck for her anyway....;) Buuuttttt, when and if she does I may be faced with the same issue. So my welder buddy will be getting a call....good luck!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts