Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving Lights
This might sound like a stupid question, I have a 2008 FJ, Black Diamond, brush guard, roof rack, and I just installed a set of stainless steel nerf bars. I'm really happy, but I like those set of driving lights that fit on the brush guard, but I just wanted to get them with the "FJ" covers for show, I really don't care if they are electrically connect or not. The prices for that set is close to $300 and that doesn't include installation. Is there any place I can buy the same design that are just dummies that will bolt to the brush guard?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Yes... But if you are gonna put lights on there, at least wire em up! I thought the factory lights mounted up to the bumper, not the brush guard. I could be wrong. Just get a set of PIAA 520 or 525 lights. I have the 525s and they are great. Not really fancy or super bright like an HID but they certainly get the job done. Plus, the PIAA logo looks cooler than those FJ covers IMO. You should be able to find a set of 520s on e-bay or craig's list no problem. Here are a set of 520s on excrement's cherry truck and 525s on my voodoo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My brush guard has the holes to mount the two lights, I just didn't want to spend all that money for two lamps. I thought for $50-$75 bucks I could stick to compatible lights as dummies would do the trick.

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
You can get the Hella 500s at Walmart for $69.00 same thing that comes from the factory minus the FJ covers. The ones from Walmart have a white Hella cover and yes they'll mount to the factory brush guard. My FJ came with the lights on the bumper ($300) there is no difference in them and the Walmart version that I bought for the roof.

As for the covers I swapped my white ones with another member for his FJ covers. I am not real happy with the black FJ covers on the roof lights so I'll swap with you if you get the ones from Walmart. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the Hella 500's, I didn't think I would, but I like the white covers. Since my FJ is black diamond, the white covers set off look with the black & white roof. I would like some options though, does anybody know where I can buy just the plastic "FJ" logo covers? I've searched the internet, can't find them.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I have the PIAA 520 SMR driving lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts