Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be mounting my illuminated rocker switch in lower center panel (bottom left position).

Can anyone head me in the direction of the "easiest to get at" power source (no power w/ key off) and ground point.

I would like to avoid using the fuse box and pulling the center console and switch panel.

If I do in fact need to pull the panels...I'm thinking of getting power from the 12 Volt outlet and using the ground point, which appears to be behind and to the right of the center switch panel.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you are only using the switch to trigger a relay for your driving lights, getting power off of the 12V outlet in the lower center dash is fine, but dont use that as the power source for your lights. Your switch should be used to activate a relay that supplies power from your battery to the lights.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking to power the switch for illumination. For the lights I plan on going to the main terminal on the fuse box and will be using a relay.

I am now thinking the best route for the switch may be to run over to the kick panel, eliminating the removal of the center panels

·
Registered
158 Posts
Center panels aren't very hard. If you're just using the 12volt from the outlet for illumination you shouild be just fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts