Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
drop bracket lift. please help

I am currently in the hunt for an fj. I found what i thought was the perfect one with a six inch fabtech lift and 35"s. Then my good friend who seems to be somewhat knowledgable about off roading told me that a drop bracket lift is the worst mistake you can make. Can some of the more knowledgable guys on here please tell me what i should do and if a drop bracket lift will really effect off roading that much. I have not done anything too serious in my previous experiences but i am hoping to start doing some somewhat more challenging obstacles. Also, the guy i am buying it from did not regear when he put the 35"s on, could this be a problem??
Thanks,
Rushton

·
Registered
207 Posts
there are plenty of guys here with 6" lifts and offroad it hard. some also have not regeared as well. if u like the truck buy it. u can always regear down the road when and if u feel u need too.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Everything just depends on what your intended use will be...

I have been to many different ATV parks...Harlen, Coal Creek, Hard Rock, Skyline Al. etc.

I like to be capable of as many different terrains as possible...not exclusive to just one specific place...but as much for most :cheers: :bigthumb:

I started out with spacer lifts then coilovers to a drop then some more things...What ever you thinkyour intended use may be... :wave:

·
Registered
305 Posts
im running the RC 6 inch lift, i also have done many different trails including the Rubicon twice. No complaints here...

I have a feeling however that someone that swears by the three inch lift will chime in and try to convince you otherwise...

Disclaimer: I think FJs that have three inch lifts and 35s are frickin sweet, and wheel as good as they look. I just happen to have had great luck with my lift. Im hoping we can stay away from the "three inch lifts are better for off roading." or "you dont gain anything by adding a 6 inch lift." Both IMO are great choices and i will leave it at that

Reactions: 81N4RY

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Everything just depends on what your intended use will be...

I have been to many different ATV parks...Harlen, Coal Creek, Hard Rock, Skyline Al. etc.

I like to be capable of as many different terrains as possible...not exclusive to just one specific place...but as much for most :cheers: :bigthumb:

I started out with spacer lifts then coilovers to a drop then some more things...What ever you thinkyour intended use may be... :wave:
ill agree...ive got a custome lift on mine, started with the fabtech, and had no problems..ran 35's for 3 years before regearing and no issues..i did regear when i went to 37's though

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the input. FJJeremy why do you say listen to him? i see u run the 6" fabtech lift, do you not like it??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts