Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Thanks for the replies, a lot of really great ideas here. I got her a go girl female peeing tool so she can pee standing up. I'm going to get the hitch crapper and take out to a local trail to have her practice releasing the hounds behind the truck. I told her I'd let the other trucks pass and get to the back of the pack is she does end up having to drop a deuce.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
OMG! You know what they say on this forum... Pics or it didn't happen!!!

:rofl:

My bad, couldn't resist....

·
Premium Member
4,722 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
They have fold-able reliance toilets at walmart with the doodie bags. Or if you want to be fancy you can get a PETT toilet, essentially the same thing just looks better folded up.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,850 Posts
All this talk of buckets, plastic bags, and poo eliminating powders has got me wondering. Am I doing it wrong? My SOP for dropping a deuce in the forest is to grab my collapsable shovel out of the back of the FJ, dig a 1 foot hole, drop the deuce in said hole, toss any used toilet paper in the hole with the deuce, then fill the hole back in with the dirt I just dug out of it and stomp it flat.

Is this no longer acceptable?
A lot of places are getting so that this isn't really allowed anymore as there are too many people visiting and it's causing problems. Some people also don't dig holes and just leave their crap and paper on the top of the ground and others think it's alright to leave diapers too.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,850 Posts
Thanks for the replies, a lot of really great ideas here. I got her a go girl female peeing tool so she can pee standing up. I'm going to get the hitch crapper and take out to a local trail to have her practice releasing the hounds behind the truck. I told her I'd let the other trucks pass and get to the back of the pack is she does end up having to drop a deuce.

If you go out a lot or if it would make things a lot better for her you could check into one of these. They are usually pretty easy to set up and take down in just a couple of minutes. They can also be used with solar or other showers and as changing rooms too.

Cleanwaste® GO Anywhere Portable Toilet® & Accessories : Cabela's

Cabela's Privy Shelter : Cabela's

Trekker Fold-A-Privy : Cabela's

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,850 Posts
Something else no one has mentioned yet is that you can find someone that has the kick out sliders and while they are Ooooing and Awwing over the views you can sit on the edge of the slider and do your thing. You have to be quick so you don't cut off the circulation and so that you don't get caught.......

Reactions: FJ in PDX

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Something else no one has mentioned yet is that you can find someone that has the kick out sliders and while they are Ooooing and Awwing over the views you can sit on the edge of the slider and do your thing. You have to be quick so you don't cut off the circulation and so that you don't get caught.......
Agreed. One should specifically look for rigs with All-Pro or Pure FJ sliders as they would provide the best seating with their huge kick outs.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
A lot of places are getting so that this isn't really allowed anymore as there are too many people visiting and it's causing problems. Some people also don't dig holes and just leave their crap and paper on the top of the ground and others think it's alright to leave diapers too.
So as usual the lazy, irresponsible, and disrespectful people (seems to be the majority of people these days) are ruining it for the rest of us. :(

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Since I have bags for my dogs turds anyways,I just pick up mine too while I am at it. I keep the full ones in a Ziploc bag and toss them in the trash when I get back to civilisation. The bags are biodegradable and will break down eventually at the dump.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
So as usual the lazy, irresponsible, and disrespectful people (seems to be the majority of people these days) are ruining it for the rest of us. :(
^^^^ Partially true.
However, it's not just the lazy, irresponsible and disrespectful ones that are causing the problem.

He also said this...

A lot of places are getting so that this isn't really allowed anymore as there are too many people visiting and it's causing problems...
Unfortunately, with some places, even when 'doing the right thing' (according to traditional norms), it's not enough, and we need to rethink our practices, and develop new and more situationally appropriate practices.

Sometimes it's just a simple fact of life....more people means we need to change it up a bit, and we can't just keep doing things 'the way we've always done it', and it's not necessarily anyone's 'fault'.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
One of the best things I've purchased - Barrel, Storage Bag, H.D. Mounts vertical or horizontal on roll bars. ORTT

It would be more secure on 2in-3in rollcage-sized tubing, but it rides nicely on the driver's side gas strut for the rear window. Holds two full-size rolls of toilet paper.

Generally we take a 'poop tent' (Trekker Fold-A-Privy : Cabela's) and camp toilet with three folding legs (Academy - Reliance Fold-To-Go Toilet) with us when we camp overnight.

We've also built a more 'permanent' plywood box (that stays at the hunting lease) with an actual full-size toilet seat on it for a more stable experience.

Just remember to hang on to your roll...

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
61 - 80 of 112 Posts