Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week, I got an email from Toyota to check out the Tundra vs. F150 event at the Rancho Cucamonga Bass Pro Shop. It was close to me and my Friday was only 1/2 day so why not. After I checked in, the crew started to chat with me about my dirty FJ. :rofl:

They had 4R, Tacoma, Sequoia, and Tundra. I chose to check out the 4R. It's actually very impressive. Smooth, powerful, and quite roomy in the back. I would not mind having one, but would not trade my FJ for it. It's a bit too long and probably heavy too. I do like how it drove and handled-on the street. Starting at $35K, it's getting up there. The Sequoia is a beast at $50k!

Tundra is impressive with 5.7L engine and 400lb of power. There are no immediate plans for a diesel, but they did mention the possibility of a hybrid. They were touting that e-motors can produce more instant torque. I think it's going to be a hard sell to conservative buyers. Most still want diesel.

At the end of the event, they gave me a nice Toyota cooler (bag) and $10 gift card for BSP. It was fun.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts