Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I drove my first FJ yesterday. Local Toyota place had a used one in a beige color that I didn't really care for. The interior was in very nice shape though.

It drove better than I expected. There was some wind noise. It seemed to handle well.

I have a couple of questions: The salesman folded down the rear seats to show me the room in the back. I guess I thought the rear seats folded down flush to provide a completely flat surface in the rear, but when she folded them down there was a very significant hump/bump in the middle of the cargo space? Is this correct - the cargo space cannot be made to be completely flat?

Also, do all 4x4 FJ's have rear lockers? Do some come equipped with rear lockers and front lockers?

Thanks - anyone know where I can find a pretty blue, burgandy or silver one?

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,555 Posts
No flat surface, you'll have to remove the seats completely.

Not all FJs have lockers, some have lockers and ATRAC but front locker is not option.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For starters, welcome to your next addiction!

I have a couple of questions: The salesman folded down the rear seats to show me the room in the back. I guess I thought the rear seats folded down flush to provide a completely flat surface in the rear, but when she folded them down there was a very significant hump/bump in the middle of the cargo space? Is this correct - the cargo space cannot be made to be completely flat?
That is correct, there is a hump and the seat backs kind of incline towards the front. They do no fold completely flat.

Also, do all 4x4 FJ's have rear lockers? Do some come equipped with rear lockers and front lockers?
None come with front lockers, I don't think all come with the rear lockers. There will be an obvious button in the panel below the a/c controls that says "RR DIFF LOCK" if it has a rear locker.

Thanks - anyone know where I can find a pretty blue, burgandy or silver one?
Those three colors are typically all over autotrader. There are two different colors that might be described as burgandy. The 07's had a color that I think is called blackberry, it is a little towards the purple end of the spectrum in my opinion. 08 had a brick color that might also be called burgandy. Of the two, I prefer the brick color. The blue color changed in recent years, as did the silver. The blue is a little less intense and the silver is more of a gray now. I'm sure someone else can give you the exact years that those changes took place. If you are looking at a brand new one, go for the army green color...:rocker: Hope you find the FJ you are looking for!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Those three colors are typically all over autotrader. There are two different colors that might be described as burgandy. The 07's had a color that I think is called blackberry, it is a little towards the purple end of the spectrum in my opinion. 08 had a brick color that might also be called burgandy. Of the two, I prefer the brick color. The blue color changed in recent years, as did the silver. The blue is a little less intense and the silver is more of a gray now. I'm sure someone else can give you the exact years that those changes took place. If you are looking at a brand new one, go for the army green color...:rocker: Hope you find the FJ you are looking for!
To elaborate further....

Black Cherry was offered in '07 only. Brick was introduced in '08 and is currently still being offered.

Voodoo Blue was the standard blue color through the '09 run. '10 models didn't offer a blue and the '11 models offer Cavalry Blue, which is slightly muted compared to the original Voodoo color.

Titanium Silver was offered on the '07 and '08 models and was dropped in favor of Silver Fresco starting in '09. The new color is a bit darker in tone.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
To elaborate further....

Black Cherry was offered in '07 only. Brick was introduced in '08 and is currently still being offered.

Voodoo Blue was the standard blue color through the '09 run. '10 models didn't offer a blue and the '11 models offer Cavalry Blue, which is slightly muted compared to the original Voodoo color.

Titanium Silver was offered on the '07 and '08 models and was dropped in favor of Silver Fresco starting in '09. The new color is a bit darker in tone.
Sometimes I think we FJ lovers know too much... :rocker: jk :cheers:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Sorry a real newbie here, but in my 2011 the back of the rear seat will lie flat if you fold up the bottom of the back seat. not sure if this is new or what...

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
The 6spd comes with a locker stock AT do not. Although I'm not sure about the 2010 or 2011 models. The hump is a pain sometimes but if you realy need it to be flat you can build it up with some plywood or something so it's removable. I'm surprised non of the venders have come up with a cool idea for this space. Maybe a good spot to store extra wintch cable or rope. Hummm the weekend is near home depot here I come.

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
The 6spd comes with a locker stock AT do not. Although I'm not sure about the 2010 or 2011 models. The hump is a pain sometimes but if you realy need it to be flat you can build it up with some plywood or something so it's removable. I'm surprised non of the venders have come up with a cool idea for this space. Maybe a good spot to store extra wintch cable or rope. Hummm the weekend is near home depot here I come.
On 2010 AT models, the Rear Locker is part of Upgrade Package 2

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry a real newbie here, but in my 2011 the back of the rear seat will lie flat if you fold up the bottom of the back seat. not sure if this is new or what...
I think what we are talking about is that it isn't completely level when the seat are folded down. There is a a little bump at the point where the seat backs hinge. And they don't fold perfectly flat, there is a slight incline. Then again, mine's an 07, maybe the 11's have a better setup.:thinkerg:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Not sure I like my FJ being called Fresco
I'm totally with ya on that.......... My 07 was Titanium Metallic, and now it's frigigin' Fresco!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a soft drink for losers. What the hell ever happened to just plain SILVER? or Black or Green or Blue or White. It's not like they produce 3 different shades of any of those colors in the same model year.

Which, now that I think of it, probably explains why there used to be 8 crayons in a pack - now they come in 48 ct packs - and not a single one has the same color name. LOL:rofl:

Jerry :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts