Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Terry (Tennessesquire) and I have been talking about getting together at my place and installing our second batteries. I thought I would extend the offer and see if anyone else was interested in doing this to their rig as well. We could also work on any other electrical mods you might be interested in as well. Any interest?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Terry (Tennessesquire) and I have been talking about getting together at my place and installing our second batteries. I thought I would extend the offer and see if anyone else was interested in doing this to their rig as well. We could also work on any other electrical mods you might be interested in as well. Any interest?
What is the tentative date?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just had a thought, scary I know. Biltmore estate is just up the road from me. So if you'd like to do the battery Mod and then spend the rest of the day or the next day at Biltmore that may be an idea. Perhaps the better halfs (male or female :) ) may wish to go tour Biltmore while we wrench on our rigs.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'd be interested but my work schedule usually screws with other peoples schedule.
Quit and get a job where you can do mods anytime you want,:thinkerg: Just hit the lottery and then you can pay for all SMC members mods. You can host a mod day on the house.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those pesky job things do get in the way of fun for sure. I am self employed and my boss pisses me off quite often! I am sure we can figure out a schedule that will work for those interested.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm nowhere near you guys, but out of curiosity, are you using kits (i.e. the Dirty Parts kit)?
We will be using one kit or another. Still doing the research at the moment.

·
Registered
397 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The first weekend in June is the 7th-8th. Does this sound good?

Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i would be so in on this if it was next fall. Im heading back home to MD for summer break but will be back again in August for school. Maybe another group build in the future.
Yeah uh huh

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, it looks like 2nd battery Mod day is June 7th at my place in Hendersonville, NC. If you are interested, chime in as we will need to order the parts to do the job.

Stan

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
OK, it looks like 2nd battery Mod day is June 7th at my place in Hendersonville, NC. If you are interested, chime in as we will need to order the parts to do the job.

Stan
I should be able to do that date. At the moment I don't really need a 2nd battery at the moment but probably will in the future. Let me know when everything is going to get ordered. I can let ya know for sure before then.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I should be able to do that date. At the moment I don't really need a 2nd battery at the moment but probably will in the future. Let me know when everything is going to get ordered. I can let ya know for sure before then.
We will probably be ordering within a week or so I will let you know.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am getting ready to order some of the parts for this, so if you are interested let me knw guys. If you are interested in doing any other electrical Mods this would be a good day to do them as well.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
how did this mod day go? if you don't mind me asking, did you use a dual battery kit, like the one from Dirty Parts, or did you go a la carte, like Sbechtold? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts