Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the forum for pics and articles for anyone that has a k&n fipk with a dual battery. I would like to purchase the Dirty Parts kit... but it will not work with k&n. I am sure there is another way, I dont want to have to buy another intake plus the dirty kit, Id be out $600 plus batteries!!! Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
There are 2 K&N intakes out there. I had the black intake and loved it, but there was zero room for dual battery. There is a chrome intate that uses a smaller filter and uses a straight tube design instead of looping around like the black one. It's worth checking into.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunatley I have the black one that loops all over the place...why am I thinking I am going to have to buy a new intake. Right now I have 2 stereo amps, 6 PIAA lights, and a winch hooked up to the factory battery... The wife will be pissed when she sees the snorkel delivered! lol

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Lol. Yeah, that black intake won't work with a snorkel. You'll need an intake with a box or go back to stock. Then you can do the second battery. Second option, go with a yellow top optima. Great batteries!

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
With a snorkel you will need to go with an AFE or TRD intake to accommodate a second battery on the passenger side. The stock intake takes up too much room also. I tried to fit a group 31 battery and it hit the intake so I ended up buying a TRD intake to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aFe ordered! Damn, Im gonna have a lot of money going out fast! aFe, dual battery, snorkel...anybody have an empty couch I can crash on when the wifey kicks me out! lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
you don't have to put the second battery up front, wire it in the trunk.. it should work, just saying cause for people with big stereo's they put capacitors in the trunk or even batteries.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen the 2nd battery in the back...not a big fan. Dont have any horror stories, just doesnt seem safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts