Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching the forum for pics and articles for anyone that has a k&n fipk with a dual battery. I would like to purchase the Dirty Parts kit... but it will not work with k&n. I am sure there is another way, I dont want to have to buy another intake plus the dirty kit, Id be out $600 plus batteries!!! Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
There are 2 K&N intakes out there. I had the black intake and loved it, but there was zero room for dual battery. There is a chrome intate that uses a smaller filter and uses a straight tube design instead of looping around like the black one. It's worth checking into.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unfortunatley I have the black one that loops all over the place...why am I thinking I am going to have to buy a new intake. Right now I have 2 stereo amps, 6 PIAA lights, and a winch hooked up to the factory battery... The wife will be pissed when she sees the snorkel delivered! lol

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Lol. Yeah, that black intake won't work with a snorkel. You'll need an intake with a box or go back to stock. Then you can do the second battery. Second option, go with a yellow top optima. Great batteries!

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
With a snorkel you will need to go with an AFE or TRD intake to accommodate a second battery on the passenger side. The stock intake takes up too much room also. I tried to fit a group 31 battery and it hit the intake so I ended up buying a TRD intake to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aFe ordered! Damn, Im gonna have a lot of money going out fast! aFe, dual battery, snorkel...anybody have an empty couch I can crash on when the wifey kicks me out! lol

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have seen the 2nd battery in the back...not a big fan. Dont have any horror stories, just doesnt seem safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.