Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is dubbed as the "TwoZone Suspended Basket Set" for the Two Zone add-on for ARB/Engel fridges, but from what I have read itr will also fit the compartment of these fridges.

TwoZone Suspended Basket Set
Click on the photo link at the URL above to see how they both fit into a 42 qt fridge.

I am going to order these as it will organize the contents of the fridge a lot better than just stacking it in there.
On my vacation I had a weeks worth of grub and drink in the fridge, but I still had to move stuff around a lot to get to certain items.
With these baskets, your liquids can go on the bottom, and other stuff that might normally get squished can go above in the baskets.

Has anyone seen these before or used them with their fridges?

You do not have to have the TwoZone compartment in order to use these.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Damn, mods for mods!! When will it end!!!

btw your FJ was the first modded FJ I ever saw. Saw it over on "yotatech" I think? when I first bought my FJ and was perusing online.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Corey,

I use two Gladware 9.5 cup containers that I picked up at the store. They are rectangular and fit the 45 qt Engel perfectly. THey hang on the top of the wire basket in the Engel. They are not as deep as the two zone baskets as they are only about 2 1/2 in deep. However, for a couple bucks they are really usefull. I put my veggies, fruit, cheeses, and other things that I either don't wan to dig for or don't want to be squished.

·
Registered
709 Posts
This is dubbed as the "TwoZone Suspended Basket Set" for the Two Zone add-on for ARB/Engel fridges, but from what I have read itr will also fit the compartment of these fridges.

TwoZone Suspended Basket Set
Click on the photo link at the URL above to see how they both fit into a 42 qt fridge.

I am going to order these as it will organize the contents of the fridge a lot better than just stacking it in there.
On my vacation I had a weeks worth of grub and drink in the fridge, but I still had to move stuff around a lot to get to certain items.
With these baskets, your liquids can go on the bottom, and other stuff that might normally get squished can go above in the baskets.

Has anyone seen these before or used them with their fridges?

You do not have to have the TwoZone compartment in order to use these.

Just ordered a set tonight over the phone from Wendy at Sierra Expeditions. The baskets will fit inside the existing Engle 45 basket, but are designed to REPLACE the existing TwoZone basket. This is good to know, because I almost ordered two sets.

Corey, keep the drinks on top and frozen items in the bottom.:clap:

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well then, I am convinced :D
I will place an order tomorrow.

Hardluck, it sounds like you have a good solution for your fridge too.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have the baskets for my Engel and I will never NOT have them again.
Gives you way more space and the ability to keep things sorted. Not to mention that you can crank down the temp and freeze the bottom while keeping the top non-frozen.

You will not reget having these with your fridge. Plus Sierra Expeditions is a great company to deal with.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Gives you way more space and the ability to keep things sorted. Not to mention that you can crank down the temp and freeze the bottom while keeping the top non-frozen.

You will not reget having these with your fridge. Plus Sierra Expeditions is a great company to deal with.
Ditto here. I use them with my 35 (when I'm solo), as well as with my Two-Zone. Best money spent on my fridge since it arrived.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Steve, what time did you get a hold of Wendy there?

I have been trying both numbers for over an hour, and all I get is a recording.
I am ready to order these now.

EDIT:
Got a hold of Wendy, in fact she was just getting ready to call me when I called and got a hold of her.
Baskets will be in the mail today!

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I got this one from Woody. The meat trays used at Walmart for the bigger packages of meat are a perfect fit. Just wash them out after you use the meat.

I have a deep tray from another cooler that we had and it was a perfect fit too.

·
Registered
952 Posts

+1.
Best way to organize. Keep snacks on the top.
+ Wendy rocks - excellent service!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Damn, mods for mods!! When will it end!!!
I just had to quote the above...I've been "smiling and shaking" my head for minutes!

Just talked to Wendy and the baskets will be on their way today...had to buy some additional "Quick Fists" since I was ordering from "Sierra" anyway's...can never have enough of those handy things.

:thinkerg:Thanks for posting this...I was worried there would be a extra $60 in my wallet for the weekend...that will teach me to "browse" around on the FJ site!

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He he, forums have a habit of lightening ones wallet.

Mine will be here Monday, I will try to test them out with putting some food/beverages in them to see how well I can organize them.

Yes, mods for mods.
This will be the second mod I have done to the fridge.
First was the hinge relocation as seen in my sig below, and now the baskets.

Now if there was a way to mod the ARB temp gauge to show the temp in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, that would be cool <---(no pun).

·
Registered
465 Posts
OK once again I am way late to this thread :)

but I love them in our 45 a must have item I got from sierra expeditions FYI

totally makes the fridge much more manageable to get in and out quicker

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TwoZone Basket Set For ARB Fridge 10-21-2008

This same info I just posted to my buildup thread

I am like a kid on Christmas morning.
As soon as UPS dropped off my package from Expedition Exchange, I tore into it and got out the camera.

First off I really dig my ARB fridge/freezer.
No ice to mess with, low battery draw, and you can pack enough food for a week or more into it.

When I took my vacation to Mt. Rainier in August of 2008 I ate really good :D
Problem is you still have to move around a lot of the grub as it is just one big deep carnivorous well that swallows whatever you can throw at it.

One problem I solved keeping the lid open on the fridge by itself, and not having the lid hit the roof of the FJ was solved in a prior post in my buildup thread.
So once again the fridge is undergoing another mod, it is being transformed into a basket case...

I saw a thread on Expedition Portal that led me to the TwoZone Basket Set sold by Sierra Expeditions.
They are two different sized baskets that hook onto the stock basket in an ARB or Engel 42 qt fridge.
Here is a little info from Sierra's website:
The TwoZone Suspended Basket Set is compatible with most ARB, Engel, Norcold, and Waeco fridge/freezers.

The larger basket measures 11.5" from suspension tab to tab, and the basket is 10.4 wide, 9.5" long and 4" deep.

The smaller basket measures 11.5" from suspension tab to tab, and the basket is 10.4 wide, 5" long and 4" deep.
This will allow you to pack your vegetables and fruits on top without the worry of them getting bruised and turned into mush by heavier items that may bump up against them.

You can also load up a basket with your snacks, eggs, dip, whatever you do not want buried.
Below the two baskets you still have room to store stuff you might want to keep a little colder such as meats, frozen burritos, milk, orange juice, whatever beverages you are into ;)

So if you are looking for a great solution to keeping your trail/overlanding grub well organized, look no further, these baskets are a great addition to your fridge.

Here are a few pictures showing the size on my laptop for comparison, and some out in the fridge loaded up.
You can easily access the food below by taking out one basket.

TwoZone Basket Set sold by Sierra Expeditions

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just picked up and installed the Engel MT45 from Sierra Expeditions. I'm going to order this basket set right away, looks very useful, thanks for providing the info Corey.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Re: TwoZone Basket Set For ARB Fridge 10-21-2008

This same info I just posted to my buildup thread

I am like a kid on Christmas morning.
As soon as UPS dropped off my package from Expedition Exchange, I tore into it and got out the camera.

First off I really dig my ARB fridge/freezer.
No ice to mess with, low battery draw, and you can pack enough food for a week or more into it.

When I took my vacation to Mt. Rainier in August of 2008 I ate really good :D
Problem is you still have to move around a lot of the grub as it is just one big deep carnivorous well that swallows whatever you can throw at it.

One problem I solved keeping the lid open on the fridge by itself, and not having the lid hit the roof of the FJ was solved in a prior post in my buildup thread.
So once again the fridge is undergoing another mod, it is being transformed into a basket case...

I saw a thread on Expedition Portal that led me to the TwoZone Basket Set sold by Sierra Expeditions.
They are two different sized baskets that hook onto the stock basket in an ARB or Engel 42 qt fridge.
Here is a little info from Sierra's website:

This will allow you to pack your vegetables and fruits on top without the worry of them getting bruised and turned into mush by heavier items that may bump up against them.

You can also load up a basket with your snacks, eggs, dip, whatever you do not want buried.
Below the two baskets you still have room to store stuff you might want to keep a little colder such as meats, frozen burritos, milk, orange juice, whatever beverages you are into ;)

So if you are looking for a great solution to keeping your trail/overlanding grub well organized, look no further, these baskets are a great addition to your fridge.

Here are a few pictures showing the size on my laptop for comparison, and some out in the fridge loaded up.
You can easily access the food below by taking out one basket.

TwoZone Basket Set sold by Sierra Expeditions
Are you having any problem closing the lid? They seem to be a little to wide for my ARB. I guess a little bending with a set of lineman pliers will fix it.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The lid closes tight with the latch, but without latching it, it does stick up a bit.
I have heard that some cut off the ears or bend them down.

When I put mine back in yesterday, I looked closely at it, and it looks like you can cut them off all the way and the baskets will still stay put.

Let us know what you end up doing...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts