Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Chafing is BAD. I heard Shaddow Warrior is just planning on using a lot of Goldbaums Power to prevent that.
Sad to say that too has been discussed at length on this Forum (uhhh, sorry Shadow...).

**** TMI WARNING - DON'T CLICK THESE! ****

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/off-topic-discussion/6103-gold-bond-breath-mint-your-nutsack-fjcharlotte.html
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/off-topic-discussion/16695-new-gold-bond-experience.html

Hey don't blame me if you did, I TOLD you it was WAY too much information. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
very nice... looking for the finished product.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I just completed the Duel Fuel Rack Design. I have included a locking mechanism on each fuel rack. A very simple but effective way to put a small pad lock on each fuel holder. This type of rack needs a Hi-Lift or a small steel brace if not using a jack on the rack. The reason for this, it "racks" the fuel carrier system to keep it from shifting from side forces. This makes the rack a square in essence if looking at it from the Top View, strengthening the load evenly. Now it’s time to get the drawings off to fabricate a working prototype. Once I receive the prototype back, then begins testing. I’ll takes some pics once I receive it back. :D

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
:bigthumb: I want to BUY the first one and be the guinea pig to test THE SHADOW MOUNT! :bigthumb:

UPHILL = BULLET SPONGE!:grinbiginvert:

:rocket: Nuke 'em 'till they glow and use their a$$es for runway lights! :rocket:

PICK ME - PICK ME!

:clap:

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
This is my favorite part of this site. I love when people end up making something that isn't available to suit their needs. Custom racks, bumpers, interior storage units, overhead map lights, I could go on and on.

Great looking setup Shadow. I can't wait to see the finished product. Hehe, the Shadow Mount.....kinda catchy.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
This is my favorite part of this site. I love when people end up making something that isn't available to suit their needs. Custom racks, bumpers, interior storage units, overhead map lights, I could go on and on.

Great looking setup Shadow. I can't wait to see the finished product. Hehe, the Shadow Mount.....kinda catchy.
Thanks Buddy :D I agree, I love watching our members come up with great new products and ideas for us, thats what it's all about :) Yeh, I seen that too "Shadow Mount" :cowsmile:

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
:bigthumb: I want to BUY the first one and be the guinea pig to test THE SHADOW MOUNT! :bigthumb:

UPHILL = BULLET SPONGE!:grinbiginvert:

:rocket: Nuke 'em 'till they glow and use their a$$es for runway lights! :rocket:

PICK ME - PICK ME!

:clap:
I have you on the list buddy :D

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Looks great, Mike!! That thing is just what the well off road-equipped FJ needs!!

I want one, too!! (Perhaps a "B-Box" storage/sleep system bartered for "Shadow Mount?" :) )
Thanks Buddy, I hear "Barter is Smarter" :cowsmile:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Is the idea to hang the weight using the existing bolts for the spare? If so, I was looking at the FabFours rear bumper that has a swing away spare and is rated at 1250 lbs. It does include a hilift mount but no mention of mounts for jerry cans. Maybe this would compliment their design.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Is the idea to hang the weight using the existing bolts for the spare? If so, I was looking at the FabFours rear bumper that has a swing away spare and is rated at 1250 lbs. It does include a hilift mount but no mention of mounts for jerry cans. Maybe this would compliment their design.
The way it is designed is to use the existing bolts not of the spare but of the spare holder rack. You would remove the spare, then remove the spare rack, then place the fuel rack on, then the spare rack on, then mount the spare.

I didn't want to say anything just yet, I'm waiting for there rear bumper to come out. To answer your question is yes, I have been designing this around the possibility of it working in conjuncture with their bumper, along with Demello which is working on one too. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm not a structural engineer so I can't comment on forces and loads but it looks great and very functional. A place for more gas, fresh water, and a hi-lift down low enough to not through of center of gravity - I'm definitely interested. Thread subscribed to.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Ask Jason or Todd, he's making my prototype when ever he's not working on Todd's rig.. I think :D

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Ask Jason or Todd, he's making my prototype when ever he's not working on Todd's rig.. I think :D
Not to tell tales out of school, but I was there a week or so ago and they were eating in the shop while they were working (through lunch). If Jason let's his guys eat, what next? A break?:worried:

I have suggested that he get a big kettle drum and put it in the corner so he can beat it while his minions turn the wrenches. He liked the idea...

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Not to tell tales out of school, but I was there a week or so ago and they were eating in the shop while they were working (through lunch). If Jason let's his guys eat, what next? A break?:worried:

I have suggested that he get a big kettle drum and put it in the corner so he can beat it while his minions turn the wrenches. He liked the idea...
Just like when the men maned the oars of the old sailing ships :D

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,082 Posts
Mike,

Put me on da' list too!!!

Extra fuel capacity is very much needed. I'm heading to the Sierra Madre's in Mexico the first of October and may not get to drive my FJ because of the lack of fuel capacity... cry, whine, cry...

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Mike,

Put me on da' list too!!!

Extra fuel capacity is very much needed. I'm heading to the Sierra Madre's in Mexico the first of October and may not get to drive my FJ because of the lack of fuel capacity... cry, whine, cry...
No list yet :lol: I'm still waiting on the prototype to come back from Jason. I still have a ways to go yet :)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I'll be coming inside with a (2) metal braces that run the length to each of the bolts, this should reinforce the whole rack system.
That answers my first question. Also, what about the weight on the hinge?

Good looking design. I will want one.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts