Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either make the FJ a true 4-door, or better yet, elongate the front driver and passenger doors and scrap the suicide doors altogether.

That would move the blind-spot (support) C-pillar forward, allowing more visibility out of much longer side rear windows.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think Toyota should leave the suicide doors. I like mine. I got used to the blind spot already.
But, Toyota should make the FJ w/ 2 doors, 4 doors, etc. to make it more market appealing for the diverse buyers.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
are you crazy....hell no. keep suicides.

easy as anything to load stuff into back seat without messing with another huge door and having to go around it.

also, it helps keep the size of the FJ smaller more inline with its FJ40 heritage...

I dont buy my vehicles for adults to sit in the back seat so I could give a crap about how they liked getting in and out. So far my dog does not complain....my youngest daughter (19yo) has not complained but she drives herself everywhere so only rode there 5 times....and guys at work...well, they can always burn their own gas going to lunch if they dont like it.

KEEP THE SUICIDE DOORS.......as compact as a coupe but much much more flexibility for getting to back seats.

·
Registered
127 Posts
One of the reasons I like the FJ is it's uniqueness. Leave the suiside doors, heck, lets have the doors drop to the ground like ramps.:lol:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
I love those things, you can't remove them. The FJ is the suicide doors ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm with Steve on this one.

I don't care so much which direction they open, but would prefer that they operate distinctly from the front doors.

Getting newcomers out of the front and back in a narrow parking spot is a crazy dance. You are both stuck between two doors with no place to go.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Keep the suicide doors!!!!!!, that what makes a FJ Cruiser a FJ Cruiser and not a Land Cruiser or a FJ40.:rocker:

·
Registered
534 Posts
My FJ Has suicide doors on it? Wow.....I'm gonna go look for mine today.

I didn't know there were more doors, mine the passenger door and the back door.

The things one discovers on this forum !!!! :blueblob:

(Just being sarcastic cuz I hardly even open the suicide doors.....except to use the vacuum cleaner back there.)

·
Registered
466 Posts
there a trap when you park side by side.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
KEEP EM!!! Face it guys the FJ is a 2 seater with the option to pack a couple of passengers if absolutley needed just like the original FJ40. But the suicides make it mush easier for entry than an old FJ40 and those extra people in the back even get to sit facing forward. LOL.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts