Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a Truggy and wife who's preggers I needed a bigger truck. So This past weekend I traded my beloved FJ to a new member here and established member on the Tundra forums. It worked out well for both of us since we had so much invested in our rigs.

2011 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4 5.7
Graphite Leather Interior
Tow package
Sunroof
All the factory options

Additions:
BDS 4.5 inch suspension lift
BDS Shocks
35 12.50 R18 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Black KMC XD Monster Wheels
Expedition One Front Steel Bumper Powder-coated Black
Expedition One Rear Steel Bumper Powder-coated Black
PIAA 510 Series Front Fogs
PIAA 510 Series Rear Backup Lights
Superwinch EPi9.0S 9000LB synthetic line winch
NFAB Step Bars Powder-coated black
NFAB Sliding Spare Tire Carrier Powder-coated Black
Weathertech Mats
Line X bed liner
Hella 1000 Black Magic Lamps
Sport Grill Assy
Hypertech Calibrator
BHLM

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Awesome rig. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Considering the circumstances, should've named " Concepticon". Hahaha.

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:rofl: You may be onto something here Chris. Might need to see if Don or someone can change the title.

My dad went with me to notarize the titles on the trade. He came up with Midnite.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Bad ass truck!

I was thinking about trading the fj for a tundy...

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.com App

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bad ass truck!

I was thinking about trading the fj for a tundy...

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.com App
Seeing you at Jambo, I know you'll wheel. Don't expect a Tundra to go where the FJ has gone. It's a great truck, but I don't think it's 1/2 the offroader the FJ is. I wouldn't have traded if I didn't have Black Betty to wheel.

Overall though, the Tundra is 5x nicer than an FJ. Mine has straight exhaust only ran through the cats. The 5.7 sounds incredible and isn't even a comparison to the 1GR-FE.

Very nice Tundra!

My parents are bringing their Tundra Rock Warrior to the summit this year...so that should be interesting. Are you attending with your new rig?
Thanks! I'm not going to make Summit. My sister-in-law is getting married the following week. Couldn't swing two weeks for vacation.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Just remember, if you change the name of the vessel, have to christen accordingly.

Still have a gopro, right? Hahaha.

Wish Toyota would introduce a 1 ton. I'd put money down, today.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Nice rig, was it modded when you got it? I have a 2011 5.7L Double cab that I've been working on. I love it, my GF always wants to drive it. Best of luck with both the truck and child!

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
銀チタン;2209583 said:
Wish Toyota would introduce a 1 ton. I'd put money down, today.
I'm sure they'd sell a bunch of them.

Looks great!
Congrats! :bigthumb:
Glad it worked out for the both of you!
Thanks guys. I'm stoked. I'm going down to Beavers Bend this weekend with it. Hopefully I'll get some good shots of it.

Nice rig, was it modded when you got it? I have a 2011 5.7L Double cab that I've been working on. I love it, my GF always wants to drive it. Best of luck with both the truck and child!
I got the truck modded. He was in the market for a nicely modded FJ and I was in the market for a nicely modded truck. I'm glad it worked out so that I got stay in a Toyota. My wife drove this one this morning.... I've only had it a few days, I guess it's her way of saying she likes it.

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did my first mods tonight. After having it for 4 days, I now realize why the top on the FJ is white. This thing gets HOT!!!! I've never been a fan of the window vent things, but I broke down and installed some tonight. I also popped the Toyota emblem off the grille and painted it red.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Dang Brother! You are scoring big all over. First Betty and now this! Its like you have awesomness shooting from yer Arse! :lol:

Looks great- Id say the build thread is done! Now you have a tow vehicle to get you to nd from the event in style and it wont break a sweat pulling that truggy. Best part is youll make it home if you snap something...:rofl:

Ya done good!!

:cheers:

·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Remember without pictures it never happened! :bigthumb:
I didn't snap pics of the window vents yet. Here's a crappy pic I got of the red toyota emblem. I thought it would look good since I put the giant red Cruiser Corp decal on the hood of betty.

Dang Brother! You are scoring big all over. First Betty and now this! Its like you have awesomness shooting from yer Arse! :lol:

Looks great- Id say the build thread is done! Now you have a tow vehicle to get you to nd from the event in style and it wont break a sweat pulling that truggy. Best part is youll make it home if you snap something...:rofl:

Ya done good!!

:cheers:
Thanks Alex. I loved my FJ and I can't say I was excited to see it go, but I like this truck a lot too. I've been real blessed lately. I guess helping with the give-aways gave me some good karma. Baby on the way, truggy, new truck, and believe it or not I found $5 on the ground when I got to my office this morning.

Looks awesome!:rocker:

I have a question for you...if you have the spare on the N-fab mount, why is it still ratchet strapped?
Thanks! The ratchet is part of the NFAB carrier. The mount bolts to the bed rails on the sides, and the strap holds the tire to the mount. I'm not crazy about it. It's kinda huge in the back. I think I'll take it out and only put it in for road trips.

All in all it's a great truck. So far it appears to be a little better gas milage, but not by much. It is nice though being able to drive 260 miles before the light comes on. :bigthumb: I also love that I can roll all the windows down, open the sunroof ANNDD roll the back window down.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts