Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have "C" load Dura Tracs in 265/70/17. When I had them installed a year ago, the guys at Goodyear told me to run them at around 35 PSIs. Today I got an oil change (not at Goodyear) and they checked the tire pressures and told me I was low so they filled my tires up where they needed to be. I asked how much air they put in and they said "We filled you up to 80, just like the tire says." I about freaked. I wasn't comfortable with this so I told them to take them down to 40 for now. So what should I be running my Dura Tracs at?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm running mine at 40psi. When i had the tires mounted and balanced direct tire had them at 32psi but there was too much lean in the turns. Mine are D rated though. 80psi is way too much!

Also keep in mind the ABS issue with the fj that people experience breaking going over potholes or loose gravel..too much psi in the tires seems to trigger this even more from what i've been reading. I'd like to know what others are running there's also.

·
Registered
161 Posts
265/75 17 E Rated and running 35 psi on the highway, 8-10 off-road. I tried running 30-32, but the gas mileage was suffering too much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts