Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
if i see that link again, i am going to blow some **** up. dampening mats performance (given that you select a quality product) all lies withing the preperation and install, period. dynamat, roadkill, hushmat, raamat, second skin, etc... they are all good products, learn how to apply it and quit blaming it on the product.

Sound Deadener Showdown:blowingup: :rofl: :thefinger:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Thanks to this terrific thread, I bought the following from Anthony at Second Skin, and it arrived quickly and in great shape:

1. 1 Shop pack and 2 Bulk packs of Damplifier Pro - 152 sq ft.
2. 1 Shop pack of Overkill Pro - 90 sq ft.

Their website and cart are terrific, and Anthony's help as well. Highly recommended.

Now to Demello's to rip out the whole interior...:slant:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Great choice Air2Air. My rig is as quiet, if not more quiet right now, and there is no interior! There are a couple areas that I've found that Toyota stuffed open cell foam rubber into here:100-0010_IMG.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting One place is in front of the rear wheel well, here: This an area on the FJC that, in time will become a festering pool of stank and rust. There is a fastener at the bottom of this area for the rocker cover, and I'm sure it isn't completely sealed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Love the brush-bar...where'd ya get it and if you don't mind saying....how much $.

B

·
0 Posts
Hey Guys
I heard my name was getting thrown around a bit so I thought I would stop by and say hello.

If anyone has any specific sound deadening questions I am always happy to help (whether you use Second Skin or not).

You can get me at [email protected], or call my cell - 623.533.8193

We occasionally do group buys for various forums. I am sure I can throw somthing together if there is enough interest.

Give me an idea of what you guys are looking for.
I own an FJ myself, and recently sponsored the Team Maxxsonics (hifonics and MB quart) FJ Cruiser so I am pretty familiar with what it takes to dampen one.

ANT
Sound Deadening
Did this GP ever go through? I would be interested and since I'm in Phoenix often...I could just pick it up as opposed to shipping since it would cost me both kidneys. :)

-B

·
Registered
5 Posts
will this mod help with road noise from a Bone-stock FJ?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
looks good. Hope it helps! my CB antenna makes a loud wind noise i wish i could cancel out.

·
Registered
2013 FJ Cruiser #885/2500
65 Posts
There is zero chance that the dynamat adhesive will let loose in the summer.

Dynamatting the roof is a huge improvement both in terms of road noise and audio in the vehicle. The roof on the FJ is just a tan can, no deadening at all. So interior sounds bounce off of it, wind vibrates it like a drum, and you have already been driven half mad if you drive much in the rain. I dynamatted the rest of my vehicle first. Doing the roof after that was a huge improvement. If you're going to remove interior panels to dynamat the rear, you should totally go the extra mile and do the roof as well.

My first layer was so great, I did a second on the roof. Now when you slap your hand on the top of the truck, it's just a dull, dead, thud. Love it.

As you may know from my other posts, I'm somewhere between incompetent and dog slow when it comes to mods. Once all the lower interior panels were removed, it took me about 90 minutes to carefully remove the headliner. Then it was about 6 hours to do two layers of dynamat (probably 4 hours for the first, 2 for the second). Putting the headliner back on was pretty quick. getting the thing in and out does take 2 people, although you can do most of it solo.
Great write up. I did 1 layer of 80mil noico & 1 layer of 315mil noice CCF on the roof and besides it being time consuming, its one hell of a shoulder workout. I can't wait to put my rig back together so I can see the improvements.

Question: I'm working on the floor now, do you think the NOICO 315 + MLV WILL still allow my panels to fit back in place? I'm not worried about the first 1/2 of the FJ because I removed the OEM CARPET. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts

Fat Mat with 3x the thickness and Nashua aluminum backed tape on the seams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 92 of 92 Posts