Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently received the All Pro sliders and it includes E Brake relocation tab (http://s28.postimg.org/aljfscxm5/IMG_2295.jpg). These tab are bent 35-45 degree inwards and the head is welded. My question for the folks who have installed All Pro slider, do I just hand tight this tab or there is another workaround? Any pictures will be appreciated.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hello,

I recently received the All Pro sliders and it includes E Brake relocation tab (http://s28.postimg.org/aljfscxm5/IMG_2295.jpg). These tab are bent 35-45 degree inwards and the head is welded. My question for the folks who have installed All Pro slider, do I just hand tight this tab or there is another workaround? Any pictures will be appreciated.
Not sure how the All Pro's would differ from Demello's, but here are install instructions from Demello that address the e-brake relocation. They just suggest flipping them... no extra relo tabs that I can see.

Good luck,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how the All Pro's would differ from Demello's, but here are install instructions from Demello that address the e-brake relocation. They just suggest flipping them... no extra relo tabs that I can see.

Good luck,
John
Thanks for the input. I will refer to the attachments.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Hello,

Basically the "tab" is an extension bracket that moves the E-brake cable out from the frame rail, and re-angles it slightly.

The bracket gets bolted to the frame rail just like the original cable clamp did. The shank of the welded-in bolt on the bracket will now be facing AWAY from the frame rail.

The original cable-clamp now gets bolted to the bracket, with its anti-rotation lug now located in the hole in the bracket.

Fully torque the bolt securing the bracket to the frame, and the nut securing the cable clamp to the bracket.

Do not leave the E-brake cable flopping around unsecured.

Here's the bracket mounted on the passenger side.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basically the "tab" is an extension bracket that moves the E-brake cable out from the frame rail, and re-angles it slightly.

The bracket gets bolted to the frame rail just like the original cable clamp did. The shank of the welded-in bolt on the bracket will now be facing AWAY from the frame rail.

The original cable-clamp now gets bolted to the bracket, with its anti-rotation lug now located in the hole in the bracket.

Fully torque the bolt securing the bracket to the frame, and the nut securing the cable clamp to the bracket.

Do not leave the E-brake cable flopping around unsecured.

Here's the bracket mounted on the passenger side.

That is interesting. My tabs are bent inward vs outwards like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
That is interesting. My tabs are bent inward vs outwards like yours.

No, your brackets are IDENTICAL to the brackets shown in my photo.

Please re-read my post; I think you may be trying to screw bolt that's welded on to the bracket into the weld nut on the frame rail.

The brackets get bolted to the frame rail in the same location as the original brackets, using a separate hex bolt, WITH THE SHANK OF THE WELDED-IN BOLT FACING OUTWARD, AWAY FROM THE FRAME RAIL.

The original cable clamp on the E-brake cable now gets slipped over the shank of the bolt that's welded to the bracket, and secured with a hex nut and lockwasher.

One look at the photo should make it unmistakably clear.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, they are identical with the brackets shown in my photo.

Please re-read my post.

The brackets get bolted to the frame rail in the same location as the original brackets, WITH THE SHANK OF THE WELDED-IN BOLT FACING OUTWARD, AWAY FROM THE FRAME RAIL.

The original cable clamp on the E-brake cable now gets slipped over the shank of the bolt that's welded to the bracket, and secured with a hex nut and lockwasher.

One look at the photo should make it unmistakably clear.
You are right! I was trying to tighten it upside down :p (NOOOOB).

Thanks for you detailed answer.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It took me a loooong time to figure out how they were supposed to go. Eventually I did - attached are photos of both sides.

I also wrapped it in 3/4" split loom to protect it from pressing on the metal edges, as the standoffs didn't seem to move the cable all the way out of the way.

They are way more rusty than I'd like. I suppose I should have painted them in addition to the sliders...

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts