Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I play some older music as well as the new stuff. The old stuff is where the EQ (iphone) helps tremendously. All I am saying is download the free app and give it a go. There are better EQ apps for the iphone too, but cost $$$. You don't know what you are missing until you try something new. (I feel like a crack dealer for crying out loud - "just try it... what can it hurt?... HA!)
What free app are you referring to?

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
There are multiple free EQ apps for the iphone. I have downloaded and used Stereophonic-EQ, EQ Player, Equalizer Pro, etc.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
@daltondrose Been working like a fiend this week, Im hoping to get to the speakers on Tuesday (10/7). Thanks for your post of tips and tricks! How'd you end up getting the brown wire to unlock?

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Small pick or tiny screwdriver at top front. Push inside and coax the retention pin up while lightly pulling on the brown wire. Be gentle and patient.

·
Registered
295 Posts
So my system finally arrived today. I thought I would try to install the rear speakers and the dash tweeters tonight to get started. It took several hours to get the rear speaker brackets installed due to the difficulty in getting the screws in behind the panel. Loosening the panel helped a little but still a bunch of time went into finding a dropped screw. They are now installed and look good. Note that the rear speakers are not quite the same as the original dash speakers. The rears use a 22uF capacitor rather than a 4.7uF capacitor when they are in the dash. They should go a couple octaves lower in the rear.

When putting the connectors onto the dash tweeters, note:

RIGHT TWEETER = PURPLE
Purple +
Purple/Black -

LEFT TWEETER = GREEN
Green +
Green/Black -

(Info provided by O+)

Reactions: oemaudioplus

·
Registered
295 Posts
One more note: If you use the Toyota cargo cover, remember to take the snap straps and put the screw through the hole and mount them under the upper subwoofer bracket with the snap facing down. Then you can pull them out over top of the subwoofer and reattach the cargo cover the same as if you had the factory subwoofer.

I'm not sure where to attach the rear cargo net now that the grocery bag hooks on the right hand side are no longer present.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have been working on this brown wire for about an hour now and can't seem to remove it from the connector...does anyone have any guidance on removing this brown wire?!?!?!!? i also don't have a locking mechanism on the connector

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mine didn't have the lock mechanism either on the six pin connector but I was able to get the contact out successfully.

You need to look in the front of the connector. A magnifying glass and good light helps. There is a small plastic tab hanging down. You can see it easily in the adjacent position where there is no contact. This tab engages in the contact that you need to remove.

Use a very small flat screwdriver or a thin steel blade to get between the plastic rails that are on each side right above the contact. Then lift the little plastic tab that hangs down. While the tab is lifted, gently pull the wire to remove the contact. It may take a few attempts as it is a bit tricky. Don't pull on the wire until you have the tab lifted up as that will just make friction so that the tab stays engaged.

·
Registered
81 Posts
thanks for the advice but right after posting for help i went up to my bedroom and got a dental pick ....took two seconds to pop out ....so for future installers....a dental pick is your lifesaver...

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Install finally done! Was pretty easy thanks to @daltondrose information, took about 5 hours to complete, sounds great! Now I want me a set of those rear pillar speakers! Anyone got the part numbers???

Reactions: daltondrose

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Nice! I would look around. It really rounds out the system. I found some on eBay for my former '08. I think I paid around $75 for the pair with grills.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Now I want me a set of those rear pillar speakers! Anyone got the part numbers???
Have a look at: http://www.megazip.ru/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/fj-cruiser-1949/gsj10-4748/gsj10l-gkaska-599639/dinamik-7500021

It would appear:
Speakers: 86160-35280 and 86160-35290
Brackets: 86161-35110 and 86161-35120
Bolts: 91631-J0612 (four), 90105-06260 (four)
Grills: 86269-35020-B0 and 86279-35020-B0

Double check the part numbers of course before ordering.

Reactions: FJNate78

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Have a look at: http://www.megazip.ru/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/fj-cruiser-1949/gsj10-4748/gsj10l-gkaska-599639/dinamik-7500021

It would appear:
Speakers: 86160-35280 and 86160-35290
Brackets: 86161-35110 and 86161-35120
Bolts: 91631-J0612 (four), 90105-06260 (four)
Grills: 86269-35020-B0 and 86279-35020-B0

Double check the part numbers of course before ordering.
Dude, you rock! Thanks for the info! I got an email from OEM+ that I can order the rear speakers & grills through them too!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts