Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the original owner of a pre-‘07 (August 1, 2006 purchase date). IIRC, it was one of the first to roll off the lot here in Orange, CA. After 242,000 miles, the drivers seat is a more than a little thin...

I’ve acquired a 2015 4Runner seat to swap in and have found that it’s not as plug and play as others have indicated. I could use some help getting this sorted out.

Has anyone done a seat swap on a very early FJC?

Here are some of my observations and questions:
  1. My FJ does not have side airbags. It pre-dates the install option for them.
  2. No Side-airbags also means the plugs under the seat aren’t the same. There are two - one is for the seatbelt lock up...the second - I have no idea what it’s for at all. I can only presume there’s some kind of steering wheel airbag sensor in there...
  3. There are 5 wires in White 4R plug that control the seat movement & lumbar. Does anyone happen to have a spec on which wire is which and how to wire in the power to the 4R seat?
I suppose I also need to know the following:
  1. What exactly are the connectors, wires and plugs for on my early FJ? For instance, there are 4 pins for the seatbelt plug...but only 2 on the 4R seat.
  2. Is there an FJ plug schematic out there?
  3. Is it at all possible the 4R Seat Airbags could be triggered in some way without it being connected?
Or, am I just chasing a dream that’s really incompatible? Has anyone done the seat swap on an early ‘07 (ie: Aug ‘06) FJ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hope you get good advice and assistance. I got my ‘07 about four months age. Among other issues, I immediately searched for front seats. Turns out that Corbeau trimmed their offerings a few years ago, dropping the only one that might have worked. I don’t plan on any electrical connections, but replacements elude me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts