Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll be heading out from the Boulder/Denver area early on the morning of Saturday, the 12th (we have a place in Ouray for the whole week).

We'll most likely stop for a hike at Hanging Lake in Glenwood Canyon in the morning and do a couple other fun things along the way (GVOHVA and maybe a little fossil hunting too - we'll see).

If anyone wants to caravan like this, let me know here.

steven

·
Registered
313 Posts
Im thinking of leaving on Sunday... but hell if Im going on sunday, why not sauturday right? I mean I might have to quit my job in order to go anyway so why not just go a day earlier. Either way you both need to come to the site on the 14th and 15th for food and drink and music. Are you in a hotel or camping?

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chef.
We're staying at the Ouray Hotel this time.

...and if you want to caravan on Saturday with us, just remember that we'll be making a few stops along the way. I don't want to freak anyone out when it comes to it that's all. It's just that some people might want to go really quick, and that won't necessarily be us.

We'd love to travel with you though. So, if you're up for it (even part of the way together, even if you don't want to stop with us when we stop), that'd be great!

Also, we will certainly coe to your camp site once we're all in the area, one way or another.

Have you decided where you're staying for sure yet?

steven

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You guys are going to miss our wonderful BBQ. :(

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You guys are going to miss our wonderful BBQ. :(
Um, actually, you are going to miss out on an extra few days in Ouray. :lol:

Don't worry, we won't use up all the beauty before you get there.
We'll be thinking of you that evening as we're kickin-back at Billy Goat Gruff's Biergarten, looking up at the 'alpenglow' hitting the Amphitheater.

i.e....

My folks joined us for our July-Ouray trip last year, and this is my Dad on the upper deck at the Hamilton House.

This is from our second '07 trip there late last sumer (ya, we can't get enough).

:)

steven

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:bump:

Robbie?
Anyone else?

I guess this may not really be a convoy, but I tried.
Not too likely going this early, but perhaps we'll meet up with some others along the way.

p.s.
We'll be out of town (up North in Wisconsin) starting this Friday and for all next week, but hope to be able to check mail and the forum once in a while on that trip. ...then back to work Mon-Fri and then leaving for Ouray early morning Sat12.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:bump:

Well, this is it.
We leave for Ouray tomorrow morning at 6.

See you guys in Ouray.

steven

1 - 7 of 7 Posts