Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 8th annual East Coast 4Runner Jamboree (EC4RJ) will be held at Rausch Creek Off Road Park (Rausch Creek Off Road Park) in Joliett, PA. Base camp will be at Echo Valley Campground (Echo Valley Campground) in Tremont, PA. The Jamboree will be held on Friday, June 20-Sunday, June 22, 2008. For those of you that wish to camp for free, camping at the park is available as well. The EC4RJ is an event which caters to all levels of rock crawling and trail riding. First time wheelers as well as competition buggy drivers will feel at home at Rausch Creek Off Road Park. All Toyota 4WD Vehicles welcome!

The East Coast 4Runner Jamboree first began in 2001 as a small get together for fellow Toyota off road enthusiasts that met online. Since then, it has grown into an annual east coast run in which some have traveled almost 1000 miles to attend. The EC4RJ has received coverage from Toyota 4WD owners magazine and 4Wheeler magazine. We plan to have 1 or 2 more photographers/editors this year.

We are anticipating the largest turnout for the 2008 EC4RJ. I would say anticipating 75-100 rigs and 150+ people for this event is a pretty safe assumption. We are putting forth a much larger effort this year in terms of sponsorship and advertising for the event. There will be no "formal registration fees" for this event. The only fees incurred will be the park fees at Rausch and the campground fees at Echo Valley. T-shirts will be printed with the EC4RJ logo as well as all the sponsors who choose to donate items for the event. If anyone wishes to purchase a shirt they will be on sale for what we paid for them. We are not making any profit on this event. The Toyota Trail Team will be at the event helping out first timers and showing them “the ropes” in terms of rock crawling and trail riding. There will also be several guided trail rides to accommodate all skill levels. We have reserved 2 large pavilions at Echo Valley Campground where we plan to hold the raffle and possibly dinner Saturday night.

I am currentlly working with Allen Dickenson, Matt Rasnake and Todd Bishop. Matt and Todd are working feverishly on getting several sponsors for the FJ crowd. Allen and I are working on the rest of the sponsors. Our preliminary sponsor list contains 35+ companies that manufacture Toyota specific parts, camping gear and provide Toyota Services. I know it is still early in the game. I will keep everyone notified as we receive sponsor approval.

Mark your calendars folks. This one is gonna be a doozie! Post up if you plan on attending!

Jay Kopycinski will be attending to photograph and write up an article for 4WD and Sport Utility Magazine

Sponsors so far:

Ironpig Off Road
Kajobuilt
Conicelli Toyota
Metal Tech

Attendees so far:

Me
Littletoy
Tate
Joe Bradford
Ted
RedTrooper
fourwd1
Backwoodsboy
mtnyota
amgraham
TiTRD
larc68
aklunker
jtaco
Hoodlum
KatzTRD
Athena
superscreenname
BeaterToyota
Eric N
rocktoy
Karpi71
locknload
shortyV6
rig002 plus 4 more trucks
ZFJC
pa-juggalo
YotaFun
trailtoy
ccannon222
cannon's brother
cannon's dad
88rnr86up
Fort Knox
jjrgr21
WRCrzr
Pinker

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
list updated

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
There will be no "formal registration fees" for this event. The only fees incurred will be the park fees at Rausch and the campground fees at Echo Valley. T-shirts will be printed with the EC4RJ logo as well as all the sponsors who choose to donate items for the event. If anyone wishes to purchase a shirt they will be on sale for what we paid for them. We are not making any profit on this event.
cheers to that!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm in,,,,

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
list updated.
I'll start posting up our sponsors in the next few weeks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We will have guided trail rides all day Friday, Saturday and half-day Sunday. The raffle/sponsor give-a-ways will be Saturday night at the Campground.

-Ace

·
Registered
225 Posts
There will be no "formal registration fees" for this event. The only fees incurred will be the park fees at Rausch and the campground fees at Echo Valley. T-shirts will be printed with the EC4RJ logo as well as all the sponsors who choose to donate items for the event. If anyone wishes to purchase a shirt they will be on sale for what we paid for them. We are not making any profit on this event.

Now this sounds like a more reasonable plan, unlike the ride next week up there.:soapbox: It's alittle early to say but I'm definitly going to try to make it, Rausch is only a hour and a couple away from the house.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Come on out and join us! We have a blast at the Jambo every year. We just got confirmation that Jay Kopycinski will be there. He was there last year and we ended up getting an article published in Off-Road magazine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ace, It's been a long time... I'm hoping to make it down this year!

Here's a shot from the first year...

Zach

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ZACH!!! It's great to hear from you! It has been way too long. Definitely try to make it out there. It's going to be a good time.

-Ace

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First post updated.

Jay Kopycinski will be attending to photograph and write up an article for 4WD & Sport Utility Magazine

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
list updated

ruebarb..u in?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
list updated.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts