Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

The East Coast Trail Team is planning on an Expedition Run at the Outer Banks North Carolina from August 7-11. Meet & Greet will be on Thursday August 7 and we head out on August 8th and do the whole expedition thing along predetermined (open) trails on the outer banks, hop on Ferry rides to go to remote islands for more expedition, do some deep sea fishing and have a blast.

So if you are interested and willing to have some fun hanging out with the East Coast Trail Team then please RSVP. We are looking for 10 Toyota off road vehicles for the expedition.

As of now we are working with the authorities of North Carolina beaches to obtain the permits we would need for an expedition.

Since, it's on such a short notice I wanted to post something on the Forums to find out if we would have any people interested in an Expedition Run.

So Please PM me with your interest and some specs about your vehicle.

Thanks.
Ahmed

UPDATE #1

As of today we are definitely doing the expedition.
Meet & Greet on the 7th and leave for the expedition on the 8th and returning on the night of the Tenth.
I will post up more details about the exp. later on today.
So get your approvals/move your remaining clients (rawheid) and let's get a count on people going on this run.
Next year we'll plan for next year. This is here right now... I do apologize for the short notice... but it's on a weekend and just a stroll on beaches and some skip hop ferry rides.
A

UPDATE #2
As of right now we are pre-running the expedition run, just to make sure all will work out good for people who decide to join us.
Meet & Greet is on Aug 7th at the Hampton Inn in Elizabeth City, NC.
Head out to Ocracoke Island on Friday Aug 8th, Camp Friday night (Campsite Reserved)
Head over to Portsmouth Island on Saturday Aug 9th,
Then head back to the Mainland on Sunday Aug 10th.
Permits have been obtained, Ferry rides have been confirmed.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to be part of this, but a lot of us east coaster's will be in Harlan, KY for the TTORA Takeover.
I know, you guys are wheeling with the Central Team.
Thought you guys loved the East Coast Team? Traitor!
Just kidding.
Have fun at Harlan, I'm sure we'll catch some other time on the trails.
Ahmed

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Hey,

The East Coast Trail Team is planning on an Expedition Run at the Outer Banks North Carolina from August 7-11. Meet & Greet will be on Thursday August 7 and we head out on August 8th and do the whole expedition thing along predetermined (open) trails on the outer banks, hop on Ferry rides to go to remote islands for more expedition, do some deep sea fishing and have a blast.

So if you are interested and willing to have some fun hanging out with the East Coast Trail Team then please RSVP. We are looking for 10 Toyota off road vehicles for the expedition.

As of now we are working with the authorities of North Carolina beaches to obtain the permits we would need for an expedition.

Since, it's on such a short notice I wanted to post something on the Forums to find out if we would have any people interested in an Expedition Run.

So Please PM me with your interest and some specs about your vehicle.

Thanks.
Ahmed

Did you say...Salt water beach and salt air!

:mecry:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I know, you guys are wheeling with the Central Team.
Thought you guys loved the East Coast Team? Traitor!
Just kidding.
Have fun at Harlan, I'm sure we'll catch some other time on the trails.
Ahmed
Looks like its a Mix & Match Trail Team weekend. We've got Woody & Andy (Central) and Zack & Conard (East) at the Over the Mountain Tour in Tellico!

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
would love to but do not think that I could get off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Ahmed,
What was the date you might be back in the eastern Ohio area we were talking about. The Dirt Day at Beaverun is Sat. Aug 9.
Thanks, Ian

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Ahmed,
What was the date you might be back in the eastern Ohio area we were talking about. The Dirt Day at Beaverun is Sat. Aug 9.
Thanks, Ian
Hey Ian,

I don't think we're coming back to Ohio for the Dirty Day Run at Beaver falls.
I spoke with Chris and told him that instead we're doing this expedition run the same weekend.

·
Registered
320 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhh... im trying!! i dont know if i can get the days off work! i want to go SO bad but the short notice is killer! perhaps you can make this an annual thing, and if i cant make it this year, i can be ready in advance for next? i sooo wanna go.. sounds like a blast!! .. was only able to move a couple of clients so far.. if i cant move em all, i wont be able to make it **sigh**

·
Registered
521 Posts
Anyway you can push it forward a little bit? I know bunch of us will be in OBX from Aug 16th - 24th and are getting together for a run.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyway you can push it forward a little bit? I know bunch of us will be in OBX from Aug 16th - 24th and are getting together for a run.
No sorry, we're trying to fill up that weekend with the Expedition cuz the OBX Beach Bash got canceled.
Hope you can work around your schedule and meet us 2nd weekend of August.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
i'm still trying to get approval from the mrs.

do you have a tentative itinerary for the expedition yet?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

As of today we are definitely doing the expedition.
Meet & Greet on the 7th and leave for the expedition on the 8th and returning on the night of the Tenth.
I will post up more details about the exp. later on today.
So get your approvals/move your remaining clients (rawheid) and let's get a count on people going on this run.
Next year we'll plan for next year. This is here right now... I do apologize for the short notice... but it's on a weekend and just a stroll on beaches and some skip hop ferry rides.
A

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Ian,

I don't think we're coming back to Ohio for the Dirty Day Run at Beaver falls.
I spoke with Chris and told him that instead we're doing this expedition run the same weekend.

Hey Ed~

Hows life out on the East Team? Do you miss me. I can send you flowers.
See you out at your Inventational!
Zack

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPDATE #2
As of right now we are pre-running the expedition run, just to make sure all will work out good for people who decide to join us.
Meet & Greet is on Aug 7th at the Hampton Inn in Elizabeth City, NC.
Head out to Ocracoke Island on Friday Aug 8th, Camp Friday night (Campsite Reserved)
Head over to Portsmouth Island on Saturday Aug 9th,
Then head back to the Mainland on Sunday Aug 10th.
Permits have been obtained, Ferry rides have been confirmed.

So for those who are def. coming please send me a PM with your name and number along with a brief description of your vehicle. (long drives on the beach are preferred) (j/k) ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts