Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone up for a meet and greet on Jan 2nd? I have the rare Friday off and would love to hook up with fellow FJ owners for a day run or even just food and drinks. Lets get something on the schedule!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am up for almost anywhere. Depends more on how far people are willing to drive. I am always up for a run somewhere I have never been.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
We would love to get in on a day run or meet and greet before we head down to Moab.

I am currently in Japan and scheduled to arrive in Anchorage around noon on Jan 1. As long as my schedule holds true, I should get home late that night. My only reservation for committing is that it cuts my schedule pretty close. Should I experience a delay, I don't want to have made a promise I can not keep. At the latest, I will be home sometime on Friday the 2nd and I am free for anything, anytime until we leave on the 9th.

So count me in for the fun and games as long as the schedule holds true and I am able to drive in Friday Morning. Would be nice to make a couple days out of it. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was able to get Friday off, so I'm in for sure. I'll be coming from the Tri-Cities which is about 2 hrs from Clarkston, so let me know where and when you want to meet.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm not sure if I have Friday off or not... I will have to check. Though we were planning on working on the crawlers his weekend.

D

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unless people are up for a New Years Day Meet and greet?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I was able to get Friday off, so I'm in for sure. I'll be coming from the Tri-Cities which is about 2 hrs from Clarkston, so let me know where and when you want to meet.
Same here. About a 2 hour drive. No changes thus far so I am still planning to be in for Friday. Waiting on details. :smile
@wearin_oakleys What's the plan?

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok folks how about a 9 AM meeting at
Hazel's
601 Bridge Street
Clarkston, WA 99403

They have good Breakfast / Lunch Menu, great service, and according to my girlfriend great coffee. Just your regular black coffee but she loves it when I bring some to her at work. Afterwards we can make a Waha or Blues Mountains drive. Not sure how much snow is in either place but I guess people have their sleds out in Waha already. Probably a few feet there.
If this time is too early for you out of town, suggest a better time, I just need to let Tammy know at Hazels how many to expect.

thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
733 Posts
9 am works for me. I'll try to do some checking on Waha conditions. I have a couple buddies in Lewiston that frequent that area.

BTW, nice name...!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been to Waha a few times but only as a passenger or to eat at the Waha Bar & Grill, The grill has great burgers and might be a good place to stop to have lunch or dinner.
I was also thinking going to the woods sounds like a good reason to bring out the AR and let the dog run free and chase some critters. I might run up to the Blues this afternoon and see what its like up there.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I had the new tires on already. Maybe another week not sure until paycheck hits :(

·
Registered
733 Posts
My buddy just told me that the snow is getting deep. He recommended trying the Blues from Cloverland to Pomeroy, but there's nothing wrong with being adventurous!

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Took drive on Iron Springs road toward the Clearwater guard tower. I don't have the best tires for deep snow but I think I made it about 3 miles from tower before I turned around. I am posting pics here.

Jeff

Note: Getting new tires Friday morning before Meet and Greet. Toyo Open Country M/T in 265 70r 17

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 43 Posts