Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I am pretty sure that is a knock off out of China.

Your best bet and easiest choice is to find a Toyota OEM Nav Unit E7019(corolla, rav4, maybe in a few other models) You need the unit, antenna, Nav DVD. It is 97% plug in play. All you need extra is the VSS wire harness, which all that is, is a connector with 3 wires(you will only use 2 of them) you plug it into the back if the nav unit and run the 2 wires to the ECU(behind glove box) and 1 wire you will tap into the Speed sensor(VSS) and the other wire you will tap the reverse sensor, this will allow your Nav unit to function properly.

My 2 cents, do not buy that unit you posted a link for. I got my whole set up for $600 and its true OEM toyota.

E7019 does not have backup cam, mic, or Bluetootch, but I do not care about those features. If you do see the thread OEM NAV unit installed, other OEM NAV units will work, just a more detailed install.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I have the Toyota OEM E7019 Navigation unit, complete kit (Gps antenna, DVD map v9.01, vss connector with pigtails/T-tap). PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
PM replied.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I have the Toyota OEM E7019 Navigation unit, complete kit (Gps antenna, DVD map v9.01, vss connector with pigtails/T-tap). PM me if interested.
Thanks for the interests and PM's. The E7019 Navi unit/kit is sold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts