Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through the brake pad discussions and could not find what I was looking for; anyone who has been using the GreenStuff brake pads let me know what you think of them? Worth the money, better than OEM? What about the EBC Ultimax Rotors? Same questions, I saw that someone posted they stopped 25% harder (is that good or bad).

The other question I had is about the Atrac, read a post that with better brake pads, electronic traction control would work better, makes sense. What do you all think? With the added weight to my FJ, armor, tires, ARB fridge, tools, winch, bumpers, etc... It is a heavy pig and I was hoping the EBC pads and rotors might be the answer.

I have 72k on the FJ, had it since 3/06 and have not changed the brake pads, did get free front rotors at one point due to a TSB. They did not change the front pads though.

They don’t make 7000 for the rear so it would be 6000 in the back and 7000 up front. Can you put the new rotors up front and leave the OEM in the back. I know the front takes a bigger hit with braking but don’t know if you can mix and match like that. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
i have them on mine. with ebc green stuff pads and ebc GD series rotors on all four corners, i bet my stopping distances have been reduced by 30%. brake feel is so much better. i will use them again.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,811 Posts
for the most part ( much like muscle/race/drag cars) you can't go wrong with cross drilled and slotted rooters.. unless you buy cheap summit racing and warp them like i did after 2 runes down the 1/4 mile in my firehawk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i have them on mine. with ebc green stuff pads and ebc GD series rotors on all four corners, i bet my stopping distances have been reduced by 30%. brake feel is so much better. i will use them again.
Thanks for the info! Did you use the 7000 on the fronts and 6000 on the rear? And what do you thing about any improvement with the Atrac use, just wondering after I read the article about it.

for the most part ( much like muscle/race/drag cars) you can't go wrong with cross drilled and slotted rooters.. unless you buy cheap summit racing and warp them like i did after 2 runes down the 1/4 mile in my firehawk
Thanks Bryan, you may be helping me put them on!

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I've been using EBC Green Stuff pads w/EBC Sport Brake rotors (slotted & dimpled) up front. Bought the combo at Auto Anything.

The rotors haven't warped and the pads work GREAT! Stop quick and smoothly w/good "feel", no brake squeal and very little dust. Much better than stock. :wave:

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
With Atrac, don't know. Never use it. I'm a locker kind of guy. I'm a jeep guy so my wheeling rig sees the trails. My Fj is more of an adventure into remote places vehicle. I dont think it's that handy of a tool for what I do. Plus I'm cautious with those cv's.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brake pads and rotors installed, will post up after the break in and some off road use. So far so good! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Just bought the EBC 6000 for front and back. Rotors will come next month/next paycheck.

Dealer wanted $600 just in parts for OEM. Don't think so... will update once I install. Also, are they easy to DIY??? I am pretty handy but I have never done brakes.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Just bought the EBC 6000 for front and back. Rotors will come next month/next paycheck.

Dealer wanted $600 just in parts for OEM. Don't think so... will update once I install. Also, are they easy to DIY??? I am pretty handy but I have never done brakes.
Front are super easy. Rears are a little more tricky due the rotor also being the drum for the emergency brake. I had a spring and clip come off whxih took two of us and some patience to replace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts