Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought EBC GD rotors for front and rear on the FJ as well as 6000 greenstuff pads to go with it. The fronts went together no problem. But both rear rotors would not seat properly against the hub (the axle facing where the wheel studs are). There is a small lip on it and the GD rotors won't slide over it. The factory rotors go over it no problem and seat properly. The rotors look correct except for the minute difference of a little extra metal on the inside of the rotor.

I think I'm just going to take a die grinder and just take off a tiny bit from the inside ring of the rotor so that it will clear the lip of the hub. Has anyone else had this problem? What are yalls thoughts?

edit** Its a 2010 4wd if that makes a difference

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Don't grind on the rotors.......if you must, take them to a machine shop and have them machined on a lathe.
Grinding will cause a certain imbalance and vibration

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also have a 2010 4WD. I had my mechanic change the pads and rotors all around. Ordered off rockauto. Had the same issue. Fronts were fine but the back rotors wouldn't seat properly. Wonder if it's just on the 2010s or if the different band of rotors just aren't machined correctly?

·
Registered
832 Posts
The later ones use a different part number
#7237 all front
#7161 up to 2009
#7579 2010 and up

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just installed 7161's. They went on with no issues. Getting the orig rotor off required alot of banging with a small hand held sledge. Yes I had 13 yr old orig rotors. They were still running well. I only changed them because I figured they would never come off if I waited any longer. I like the full black coating of the 7161s. Theoretically they will survive many salty winters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts