Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have the diagram and pinout for 08 ECU? I'm trying to install a digital Speedo/RPM/Trip meter. need the following from Plug B1, B2 and B3..
1. Ignition power
2. Constant Power
3. RPM signal
4. Ground
5. Vehicle speed signal Input

are there only 3 plugs on the ecu? I think I saw it when I took the glove box out to install ipod connection to an aftermarket stereo.

Please help! thanks!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
08 should be the same as 07.. The service Manuel tells you what each individual pins are for?
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
947 Posts
ignition power=black with red stripe wire
constant power=blue with white stripe wire
Ground=white with black stripe wire

RPM is sketchy to me... back in the days Id just use the ignitor wire, but with direct fire plugs? Looks like black with white stripe A13.

Speed sensor is red w/ yellow stripe (MT) or grey with red stripe (AT)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ignition power=black with red stripe wire
constant power=blue with white stripe wire
Ground=white with black stripe wire

RPM is sketchy to me... back in the days Id just use the ignitor wire, but with direct fire plugs? Looks like black with white stripe A13.

Speed sensor is red w/ yellow stripe (MT) or grey with red stripe (AT)

1911:
driver side? wait, where is the ecu? It's not the one behind the glove box on the passenger side?
ducky:
These 5 wires are from how many plugs?
thanks again everyone!
joe

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts

1911:
driver side? wait, where is the ecu? It's not the one behind the glove box on the passenger side?
That's what I need to know, which one you're interested in. Note that in the diagram from the FSM you posted, there are at least five different ECU's. "ECU" is just Toyota's acronym for "Electronic Control Unit". There are dozens of them all over the truck, in addition to all the ECM's (Engine Control Module).

So, are you talking about the 4WD Control ECU or the Engine Control Module up above the glove box?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I need to know, which one you're interested in. Note that in the diagram from the FSM you posted, there are at least five different ECU's. "ECU" is just Toyota's acronym for "Electronic Control Unit". There are dozens of them all over the truck, in addition to all the ECM's (Engine Control Module).

So, are you talking about the 4WD Control ECU or the Engine Control Module up above the glove box?
since i need Ignition, constant, ground, RPM and Speed, i think i need the engine ECU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts