·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
iP5S (white, not in case, used for pic)
Wallet case for phone
Bic Lighter (3/4" heat shrink tubing is... random?)
Nicotine of one sort or another
FJ Keys:
Stainless aircraft cable keyring (get one. they let the keys lay flat no matter their orientation).
Gerber Shard
Bladeo 22g knife

I sometimes carry a larger pocket knife (Opinel, SOG, or Knives Of Alaska), but it varies so much I can't call it "EDC".

How do you like the Gerber Shard, and did you get that cable ring from County Comm?

·
Registered
878 Posts
How do you like the Gerber Shard, and did you get that cable ring from County Comm?
Cable ring came from amazon... it's hyperlinked (actually, everything but the lighter and grizzly are hyperlinked... haha)

Phone case is hyperlinked too... Click on the blue :blueblob:

The Shard is pretty handy. Handier than I expected. It's only real limitation is lack of size, for leverage.... but I use it for body clips on the FJ, screws, etc etc

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
Way to sell it! :lol: :lol:

Just being honest. I dont want someone to get it and be let down by me the way I was kinda let down when I got it.

I wouldn't say its crap but it's definitely IMO more novelty that hardcore life tool

·
Registered
878 Posts
Just being honest....
I hear ya for sure.... It's hard to find much day-to-day gear (or "survival" gear, for that matter) that isn't crap, due to the high market demand.... airsoft mall ninjas buy the DOG SH!T out of stuff like that!

My motto is keep it simple... adding a compass, fire starter, snake bite kit, flashlight, and picatinny mount to a knife probably isn't going to help it cut any better...

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
... adding a compass, fire starter, snake bite kit, flashlight, and picatinny mount to a knife probably isn't going to help it cut any better...
But adding a knife, etc, etc to a phone will help it cut better, hehe :cheers:

I mean now my iphone really sucks at slicing bread :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm just a little into EDC (ok, maybe a lot!). Here's a recent pocket dump.

Keys: FJ and house
Knife: Gerber Hinderer
Multitool: Leatherman Rebar and Leatherman Micra
Phone: iPhone 5s with Lifeproof Fre case
Light: Streamlight Microstream
Chapstick
Disposable lighter
Black rollerball pen
Penlight (pretty much exclusively for work)
Black Helmet wallet
Cope Wintergreen Longcut

Attachments

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
I'm just a little into EDC (ok, maybe a lot!). Here's a recent pocket dump.

Keys: FJ and house
Knife: Gerber Hinderer
Multitool: Leatherman Rebar and Leatherman Micra
Phone: iPhone 5s with Lifeproof Fre case
Light: Streamlight Microstream
Chapstick
Disposable lighter
Black rollerball pen
Penlight (pretty much exclusively for work)
Black Helmet wallet
Cope Wintergreen Longcut
Is the pupil size gauge used to confirm that the zombie is dead (i.e. really dead/down)?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Altoids tin kit, Decapaturtle - Decapafox knuckle tool, Fisher space pen, Gerber Dime multitool, and Benchmade 585 Mini Barrage folding blade, solo blade shot, then a knives and coffee shot.

photo_1 (2).jpg

photo_1 (3).jpg

photo_1 (4).jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
I really like the Barrage line but the handles at 1/2 inch were too thick in my pocket. :(
I am probably going to get some G10 material and make a set of slimmer backup scales. It is comfortable, but not with keys in my pocket. It kind of gets in the way when carrying other things. A lot of my shorts have a knife pocket though, (Volcom, Vans etc.) so it isn't always an issue.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
I am probably going to get some G10 material and make a set of slimmer backup scales. It is comfortable, but not with keys in my pocket. It kind of gets in the way when carrying other things. A lot of my shorts have a knife pocket though, (Volcom, Vans etc.) so it isn't always an issue.
That's why I sent it back for a 707.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
My usual EDC, It does not vary much unless I am testing a new piece of gear out.

Items:
Knife --------- Spyderco Paramilitary 2 (Limited Edition Brown)
Multi-Tool ---- Leatherman Wave (black-oxide)
Light---------- Streamlight Pro-Tac AAA
Wallet -------- Saddleback Leather ID Wallet (Dark Coffee Brown)
Phone -------- Iphone 5 w/ Lifeproof fee case
Watch -------- Suunto Ambit 2 (black)
Keys w/ Saddleback Leather Key Fob

41 - 60 of 150 Posts