Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #181

A remote battery switch fitted to shut off the OE battery if I’m parked up for any length of time without solar since the systems drain the battery at an alarming rate. So now I have two of these, another one for the winch and a ML-ACR for the dual battery set up. Think I’m pretty much out of ‘real estate’ under the hood now!

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Been doing things on the trailer too. Lockdown has been a bit of a blessing in disguise, I am living off-grid in the trailer but am still ‘at home’ with access to tools and parts deliveries so Ikve been able to make it as close to perfect for me as I can. I’ve added clear pvc to the awning widows so I can have light in the rain storms, tweeked things, organised and reorganised and added a sender and gauge to the water tank so I don’t have to crawl inside the trailer to see what is left in the tanks.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Been hating the immobiliser light blank by the stereo for ages, hate it more when I sleep in the truck and it flashes all night so I ordered up a twin USB which thanks to lockdown took 2 months to arrive from Germany!!

A quick install I thought. From others who have done it I knew the sockets fit the hole in the surround perfectly so simply run two wires to already installed ground point and fuse box and done.

Ha! Not so. I wanted to retain the passenger air bag display above. Turns out the two are on a single circuit board held to a plastic ‘framework’ surrounded by another plastic cover piece. There isn’t space between the hole and the circuit board for the socket.

So I reassembled the dash and threw the socket in the box of bits. Then I pondered...maybe just maybe it can be done... yes it can... soldering the wires to the terminals for minimal depth, heatshrink them, twice; bend them out as flat as possible and then cut away the plastic frame until it will click back into place with the circuit board sitting a bit on the angle but good enough to be secure... what a faff!

And I don’t even need more USB’s! But these are wired to accessory live circuit whilst the 4 by the shifter are permanent live via a switch...
FA33FCAA-56D3-4114-A432-7A37B500A927.jpeg

181 - 184 of 184 Posts