Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so.. today i got ambitious and installed my summer rims and tires myself today (damn those tires can get heavy). here's what i'm running moto metal 955b rims at 17x9 with firestone destination MT's at 285/70R17 on them. cause of the rims i had to put spacers on the truck so i did, spridertrax spacers to be exact. and... they rub horribly lol. wern't so bad on the stock rims with no spacers on the front, but now they do. so this is the problem i have as i don't have the tools to do a proper job of chopping the body mounts. Do any of you have any suggestiosn on where i could take it to get a decent job of the body mounts being chopped? as i don't know edmonton as well as i know mcmurray, i have no real clue as to where i could take it to get it done honestly. not even sure what kind of shop i would call about it.

oh, and yes i will toss up pics, just need to instal a couple more things first.. namely an allpro roof rack and allpro high clearance rear bumper

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know of any shop in town, but I do know of a guy who could do it out of his garage. I don't know if you would have faith in this option. Definitely not a hack job. let me know?

Steph

P.S. How was the repair?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sorry Spill if I knew I would chime in but I have yet to do any lifts or after market stuff....

Hopefully will get the beast back on Friday. Stopped to look at her yesterday and it was getting put back together. I sure hope they clean the inside out it is a freaking mess....

Good luck!

·
Registered
424 Posts
body shop, or steel fabricator. Sorry I can't be more specfic with an actual shop. Before I got my tires I checked it out at a few body shops here in Rocky. They priced it from $200 to $500. Quite high I though so I went with a little smaller tire however if I go with aftermarket rims and 305's I've got a few journeymen welder buddies that have offered for a case of beer. Hope you can get a similar offer. Good luck

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i managed to find a good place to get it don in edmonton and for a good price too. Tonka 4 wheel just off argyll does a good job and only charges $89. granted they arn't welding on a new plate, but with how heavy duty the mount is, you don't need too. lot of good seasoned guys there that do a lot of work on toyotas. highly reccomend them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts