Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

321 - 335 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dam I posted over here.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/trail-report-photo-section-gps-coordinates/46102-south-eastern-region-eglin-afb-polar-bear-run-report.html Apex, let me know via PM and I will put mine here. I thought a new one with just pictures and post run stuff would be good vs going through 30 pages! I will repost in this thread to keep things simple, so kill that one if you want.

I have declared this the South Eatern Region's Polar Bear Run at Eglin!

I will post more of a write up here when I have time. I wanted to start the thread and get some pics posted. We all had a blast! There was no body damage, temps were low 40's and raining much of Saturday, 25 at night at the beach with a 30 mph wind, and mid 40's and sunny Sunday. Again, I will write up more later, and others can add their 2 cents. HUGE KUDOS TO APEXBASHER FOR HIS GUIDANCE AND ORGANIZATION OF THIS WHOLE THING!

Now for the teaser pics.
The start

Side Hill and frame twisting, scoping it out first.

The Noah says 2x2, we went 1x1 though.

The big boy!

Tail Gunner

Airtime!

The whole Crew

A river ran through it!

How deep was it, here is an H2 with 37's! We got everyone through, no winching, even stockers. Much to the locals dismay too!

Frozen Dinner, AMAZING GUMBO BAMA!

Day 2, opps

And yes, we did it. OH WHAT'A FEELING, TOYOTA!

Hehe. I have more and different pictures that I will post/change out when I do a good write up in the next few days. I cannot wait to see other pictures.

·
Registered
64 Posts
By the way, as soon as I got back to the house I Saturday night I ordered an A-TRAC button and all of the stuff to move all of the breathers up higher, lol.
GREAT point here. EVERYONE WHO WENT ON THIS RUN !!!!!!! PLEASE CHANGE ALL OF YOUR FLUIDS, ESP DIFF's, ASAP JUST TO BE SAFE!

I will also be moving mine up!

For eveyone on the ride here is a link to my whole photo album. Please PM me your addresses and I will mail you a cd with all of my pictures ful size for your own use. :)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
just curious did anyone have the bfg at ko at the run? i didn't remember seeing any. and just wanted to add those dunlop tires Bama Cruiser had on his rig were the best sand tires you could have wanted they rocked! thx

·
Registered
64 Posts
No BFG's at this run Mr Telecaster! After running my Revo's there I wont be going to BFG A/T's. These did everythign I could ahve wanted and more off road, where I was concerned about them. On road they simply blow the BFG away!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great Pics guys :)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
what a blast this run was, you guys and gals were just simply good to hang out with.. thx for having me again...:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Aftermath: all three idler pulleys had to be replaced, and stereo amplifier is toast (my fault for putting it under the seat). Quality Imports in FWB took good care of me and did the work under warranty.

Moved all of the breathers higher this weekend, just in time for someone to do a hit and run on my truck at the grocery store - no serious damage, but the rear driver's side fender trim and bumper wing need to be replaced. Sometimes you just can't win.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got hit before I got my first oil change. In shop for three weeks because the parts were hard to get in. I'm assuming because the FJ's are so new.

321 - 335 of 335 Posts