Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to another dealer Friday and they reinforced my thoughts on the pricing of the new FJ. $27K+... I think Toyota is missing the boat on this one.

** Every one of these new pics I see of stock FJs have road tires.
** Three dealers tell me the price is not an "incredible value".
** The back seats are obviously lacking in legroom and don't fold flat.
** What's with the screwy interior? Looks like a video game / amusement park ride.

Made a deal on a Jeep last night. I pick it up in an hour. Sorry gents. The new FJ might be the next big thing, but I smell too much word-of-mouth hype. And seriously, it isn't worth $11000 more than a slightly used Jeep.

Good luck guys!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Made a deal on a Jeep last night. I pick it up in an hour. Sorry gents. The new FJ might be the next big thing, but I smell too much word-of-mouth hype. And seriously, it isn't worth $11000 more than a slightly used Jeep.

Exactly! No one should buy this truck. It's a total death-debt-trap.

Pointy sharp seats. The steering wheel is made of electric eels. The air-bags are made of ALUMINUM.

Do I need to tell you what the f**k a man can do with an aluminum tube?

ALUMINUM!

Koffi Annan. Think I'm gonna take orders from an african...

Cheers,
prat

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
praetorian said:

Exactly! No one should buy this truck. It's a total death-debt-trap.

Pointy sharp seats. The steering wheel is made of electric eels. The air-bags are made of ALUMINUM.

Do I need to tell you what the f**k a man can do with an aluminum tube?

ALUMINUM!

Koffi Annan. Think I'm gonna take orders from an african...

Cheers,
prat

You slay me boss. I'm freakin' dyin' over here...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Prat...I do not forgive you for busting out the gimp on me...but I'm considering it over your last post. That KILLED. I've laughed twice at it...

·
Registered
35 Posts
DocAltie said:
Talked to another dealer Friday and they reinforced my thoughts on the pricing of the new FJ. $27K+... I think Toyota is missing the boat on this one.

** What's with the screwy interior? Looks like a video game / amusement park ride.

Good luck guys!

Congrats and thanks for the best wishes! I know you'll be happy with the Wrangler... just make sure you keep up with the maintenance and take care of the fluid change schedule and the thing should last a long time.

Dont' listen to the negative comments (not that you give a rat's ass), there are a lot of narrow minded people out there! Have fun out there with your new toy!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Stop by an off-road shop and pickup a triple core radiator and you might want to change out the thermostat to one that will kick on at a lower temperature. Aside from that, you should be good for awhile. Plus, just think about all the toys you can buy with the money you saved getting the wrangler.

·
Registered
86 Posts
DocAltie said:

Good luck guys!
Good luck with your Jeep. Do the maintanence on whatever you drive!

For me, I'll wait to see what Toyota publishes for the price. That should be next month I hear.

Don Esmond, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Toyota Division was recorded on video at the Chicago Car Show saying that the FJC price would be an "extraordinary value". That tells me a Taco price range (or less), not a 4R or LC price range (or more). If they exceed the Xtera price model (by much), then Don would just be sounding like one of GM's VPs.

If Toyota wanted to make a boat-load of money off the FJC, they would not have limited the number of production units.

That's my thoughts anyway... My money is on Mr. Esmond, literally, because I have placed a deposit on one.

LR...

·
Registered
390 Posts
I agree. When a Toyota executive says "extaordinary value", that means slightly above Nissan Xterra pricing. To me, Don means $21,995, about $1500 above the base Xterra when you cut through the smoke. The $20,500 Xterra is the competetive "target" vehicle, not the Honda Element. Compact SUV w/body on frame construction, minimalistic in nature, basic, durable, excellent off-road capability, and affordable. Toyota's vehicles have always sold for a slight premium above Nissan's, and the FJC will be no exception. It's perceived value from the consumers point of view. Will Toyota have trouble peddling 769 FJC's a week (40K per year) in America? Heck no. Listen up GM and Ford. You do understand why you are constantly losing market share to Toyota, Honda, and Nissan? You first have to design and build vehicles that people want to buy, and build 'em right so they come back again and tell family, friends, and co-workers. It's not rocket science!!!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
All we have right now are hopes and dreams, let's hope they make some of them come true.

·
Registered
38 Posts
mini2nut said:
I agree. When a Toyota executive says "extaordinary value", that means slightly above Nissan Xterra pricing. To me, Don means $21,995, about $1500 above the base Xterra when you cut through the smoke. The $20,500 Xterra is the competetive "target" vehicle, not the Honda Element. Compact SUV w/body on frame construction, minimalistic in nature, basic, durable, excellent off-road capability, and affordable. Toyota's vehicles have always sold for a slight premium above Nissan's, and the FJC will be no exception. It's perceived value from the consumers point of view. Will Toyota have trouble peddling 769 FJC's a week (40K per year) in America? Heck no. Listen up GM and Ford. You do understand why you are constantly losing market share to Toyota, Honda, and Nissan? You first have to design and build vehicles that people want to buy, and build 'em right so they come back again and tell family, friends, and co-workers. It's not rocket science!!!
Well said! K.I.S.S. and affordable.

I've only bought two brand new cars before and both were First-Year-Out (FYO) Toyotas; a Tercel 4wd for college years and 90 Landcruiser at only $27K FYO). Both vehicles were trouble free. Toyota is upping production while many auto makers are in trouble. That has to tell you something good/right is going on at Toyota.

I need an "In-Person" hands-on with the FJC before making a decision, but eveything looks great on paper and pictures. Let's hope the price can be kept down to the level Toyota is hinting at... (low to mid-twenty's)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts