Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the Eibach/Toytec springs in front, not the coilovers? 620LB coils

If so, do you have a picture?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a set coming in today. Not sure if i need to change my stock shocks to match these springs. ill try to post some pics if i ever get around to installing them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anyone running the Eibach/Toytec springs in front, not the coilovers? 620LB coils
You may already know this but it's the same exact coil being used for either the grey Eibach 1.6" leveling coil or the red coil in Toytec's coilover. Same coil either way, Toytec just has the coil painted red for their trademark "Ultimate lift".

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a set coming in today. Not sure if i need to change my stock shocks to match these springs. ill try to post some pics if i ever get around to installing them.
If you're just installing the springs I believe there shouldn't be any worries about keeping the stock shocks on but not 100% sure, you can measure the shock body with calipers to make sure it's a 2" body. If you're installing the adjustable coilovers then you need to make sure the stock shock body is 2" other wise it won't work. I have the Toytec adj coilover with the Toyota oem Bilstein's and it works fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I emailed toytec and the response was:

From the item description
"Eibach Pro-Truck-Lift Kits are designed to work well with original OEM shock absorbers-and even better with specifically engineered high-performance off-road shocks."

I dont have 4wd so im guessing i have the basic shock. So as long as the shock body is not greater than 2'' i should be good?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have the Toytec adj coilover with the Toyota oem Bilstein's and it works fine.
FJC, how much lift is this giving you???? I think this is what I want, but I'm still figuring all the possibilities:thinkerg:
Jax:wave:

·
Registered
42 Posts
You may already know this but it's the same exact coil being used for either the grey Eibach 1.6" leveling coil or the red coil in Toytec's coilover. Same coil either way, Toytec just has the coil painted red for their trademark "Ultimate lift".
... that's what I thought, too, but Toytec says it's not the case. They report that the red one for their coil over has a different end.

·
Registered
42 Posts
By the way, I have these Eibach/Toytec coils (grey) paired with Bilstein 5100's up front. The Billies are on the lowest spot ("stock"), but when paired with the coils, I got a 2" front lift even with my Expedition One front bumper.

·
Registered
287 Posts
FJC, how much lift is this giving you???? I think this is what I want, but I'm still figuring all the possibilities:thinkerg:
Jax:wave:
Roughly 3". In essence I'm doing the Ultimate 3" lift but in pieces. Originally I was going to do just the Eibach leveling coils up front but ended up replacing all the coils frt and rr with adding the adj Toytec coilover to the frt. Next step is adding the longer travel Bilstein 5100's for 3" lift applications. After all said and done I will have done the Ultimate Toytec lift kit excluding the cosmetic aluminum spacer at the top of the coilover and grey colored springs over the red springs that come with the coilovers for the Ultimate kit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Roughly 3". In essence I'm doing the Ultimate 3" lift but in pieces. Originally I was going to do just the Eibach leveling coils up front but ended up replacing all the coils frt and rr with adding the adj Toytec coilover to the frt. Next step is adding the longer travel Bilstein 5100's for 3" lift applications. After all said and done I will have done the Ultimate Toytec lift kit excluding the cosmetic aluminum spacer at the top of the coilover and grey colored springs over the red springs that come with the coilovers for the Ultimate kit.
Hey FJC Boulder, are you SURE it is the same spring? Because Toytec says it's not, and that the end is different. I ask because I wanted to do this, too--add components to my current Eibach spring and 5100s to make an adjustable coilover.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey FJC Boulder, are you SURE it is the same spring? Because Toytec says it's not, and that the end is different. I ask because I wanted to do this, too--add components to my current Eibach spring and 5100s to make an adjustable coilover.
OK, I just gave Toytec a call and you're right they are different. Where I was thinking they where the same spring is that the coil spring Toytec offers for their adj coilover is advertised as red but they do also stock a silver/grey colored version that has the Eibach markings on it, exact same spring just different color and rated at 600lbs. The sil/grey Eibach/Toytec coil spring they offer for leveling a stock FJ is different and is rated at 620lbs. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Rocko,

I have a set of these that I am getting ready to install. I have 5100's on now . do you have measurements from the bottom of the flair to the ground . I was going to use 1/4" top spacer to try and get 2-2 1/4' of lift. I have a set of custom rear springs that gave me 1 1/4' to 1 1/2' of lift in the back depending on how much weight i have in the back. I do not want the front higher than the back. I was told with the weight I have on the front that I would only get the 1.5-1.6" of lift on the bottom notch on the 5100's I am also going to install the light racing UCA's. this thread explains what I was going to do.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...22281-bilstein-5100-level-w-winch-bumper.html

in the back from the bottom of the flair to the ground 37 1/4" front 35 7/8" (3rd notch stock front springs) tires 32" tall 265 75r/16
I have not been able to find much info for these on a FJ most of the info i found was from the TACO forums they seem to use this spring and get 2" of lift.
also how is the ride quality. from what I can find the stock spring is a 580lb rate.
sorry to high jack this thread but maybe we can get some good info for these springs

JKFJ08

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
this is what the spring end look like.

they look just like the stock springs these measure 390mm long or 15 3/8" (Eibach/ Toy Tech)
from what I can find the stock spring is 351mm 13 3/4' long I measured the springs on my FJ the way it sits and the stock springs are compressed to 10/1/4' set on the 3rd notch on the 5100's thats with a Toy outfitters front bumper and All Pro skids.

JKFJ08

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought the Toytec 3" lift with pre assembled fronts. I am excited to get them put on. Just waiting for better weather.

·
Registered
493 Posts
In my searching for Eibach spring kits for the FJ, I have found 2 part numbers for what i think are the same springs.
One is a 892-620, and the other is a 8292.620.

Anyone know if they indeed the same springs??

KyFJGuy

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
the last four numers on the Toy Tec number match

JKFJ08

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also have these exact coils and 5100s installed a year ago. On the lowest setting, I got a full 2" of lift, and after a year haven't sagged at all. I have no added weight up front so I wouldn't be able to comment on that. Improved the ride and handling quite a bit. I have stock UCAs so I wouldn't go any higher than that to avoid extreme UCA angle. You basically want your UCA to sit as flat as possible. I'm no expert and there are probably others with better explanation but you want to avoid extreme UCA angles to avoid breaking ball joints.

·
Registered
493 Posts
In my searching for Eibach spring kits for the FJ, I have found 2 part numbers for what i think are the same springs.
One is a 892-620, and the other is a 8292.620.

Anyone know if they indeed the same springs??

KyFJGuy
I actually talked to someone at Eibach yesterday and they told me that the
#8292.620 springs have been discontinued. They do however still make the
#112-620 springs exclusively for ToyTec. He could not tell me if they were
identical springs, but i suspect that they could be.

The more i look at these, the more i think that is what i will be
using to level the front end.

KyFJGuy

·
Registered
75 Posts
I actually talked to someone at Eibach yesterday and they told me that the
#8292.620 springs have been discontinued. They do however still make the
#112-620 springs exclusively for ToyTec. He could not tell me if they were
identical springs, but i suspect that they could be.

The more i look at these, the more i think that is what i will be
using to level the front end.

KyFJGuy
The 112-620 is what I got and they are the 620 lbs coils. Toytec recommended I go to a longer shock at the same time. Their part number for the adjustable Bilstein 5100s' is BE5-C477. Also if buying from Toytec let them know you're a fjcruiserforums member and you will get around a 10% discount on your stuff!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts