Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
41 - 60 of 184 Posts
Discussion starter · #44 · (Edited)
Great lookin rig...id like to hear a little bit more on the install of the rock lights and what you used.
I wired my rock lights (3 sets) to one switch that is wired to a fuse block. I used black extra strong zip ties to mount the lights. The following pics will show you where I mounted the lights and tapped into a ground.

Rear lights

Mid lights

Front lights

HTH

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Very nice! Do you have a more detailed write up on the laptop mount?
Ok, the laptop mount was one of those things that I just threw together. As in no plans, just make something work. I used various garage clutter. Some aluminum square tubing, some 3 inch X 1/4 inch aluminum bar stock, some 'L' brackets, some one inch x 1/16th steel stock (It might be thinner) and some nuts and bolts. After placing Velcro in strategic locations on the FJ's dash, I had to pound that inch x 1/16th steel stock to get it shaped as close to the curvature of the dash as possible (the round area on the dash). After that the rest was easy. It all breaks down easily and stows in a gear bag.

I made this quickly and on the cheap. I don't leave it in my rig so I didn't need anything incredible, just something functional. Hopefully these pictures help you with ideas.

*I never use this when I have a passenger for obvious reasons.

On with the "Killer Laptop Mounts". As in I've been told I could kill my passenger with this contraption :bigthumb:.

HTH

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Oh I'm so excited. I have my appointment set for next Tuesday to get my Silver 16inch TRD rims and my 285 75 16 Pro Comp ATs mounted up. I'll take lots of pictures and post them ASAP. Oh I can't wait!

I decided to stick with a tire that I know will perform in all conditions. Like the add says for these Pro Comp ATs, "So tough, they should be outlawed!"

Oh boy oh boy. :rocker:

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Re: El Froggo getting some new shoes today

Today is the big day. I'll be getting my 16inch Silver TRD rims mounted up with some 285 75 16 (33s) Pro Comp All Terrains. I hope to have some pictures to share later this evening. Chit mang, I'm going to have to readjust my lift, my lights, ugg. Modding just blows. :rofl:

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Froggie:

Sounds great. Did you decide in the end, you preferred silver for the wheels over the black you fabbed up yourself? Because I'm assuming you're not going to make the TRD wheels black?
Mr. Galt thank you sir for indulging my writing and my FJ. You sir, are one of a very limited amount of friends I have on this forum, I feel some hate me now because I'm such an opinionated jackass. I'm joking. Or perhaps maybe they do. :wave:

Anyway yes sir, I decided that the Silver will look killer with the Titanium color and I'll be unique that way. If and when I scratch these buggers up, I'll do them up flat black. I bought a new tent. I'll post that up on Welcome to Outdoor Adventure USA - Everyone deserves to be outdoors.. My MSR just got too small for Rojo and I.

Take care kind sir.

Mr. Galt thank you sir for indulging my writing and my FJ. You sir, are one of a very limited amount of friends I have on this forum, I feel some hate me now because I'm such an opinionated jackass. I'm joking. Or perhaps maybe they do. :wave:

Anyway yes sir, I decided that the Silver will look killer with the Titanium color and I'll be unique that way. If and when I scratch these buggers up, I'll do them up flat black. I bought a new tent. I'll post that up on Welcome to Outdoor Adventure USA - Everyone deserves to be outdoors.. My MSR just got too small for Rojo and I.

Take care kind sir.
Be sure to post up some pictures when done!! Some of the new tent too! :clap:

41 - 60 of 184 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.