Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright El Paso (Texas) cruisers, I know your out there! Rubberdown is hosting a hill climb this weekend (Feb 26th) at "THE WALL". The rail road trail run will follow after the hill climb compitition. PM me for more details.
Location: El Paso, Tx. Shell gas station off of i-10 and transmountain
Time:12:30 -1:00pm
Dont Be left out!:clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
David
Good running into you all at the gas station, sorry I didn't make it.
Anyone interested in Big Bend over spring break?
Hopefully i'll be up and running by then. I blew my rear differential on this past trail run. Toyota said that they would cover the repairs, even though the service rep didn't seem too hopeful before submitting the repair claim. Nonetheless, thankfully Toyota is gonna stand by its nice powertrain warrenty. Approximate repair time is one week. I'll spread the word too see if anybody else is interested.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey David hope you get your rig back soon.
So it was the diff not the drive shaft, if so what do you think the cause of it was? It seems to happen too often to Fj's i was under the impression that our diffs where strong more so with the 285's tires.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey David hope you get your rig back soon.
So it was the diff not the drive shaft, if so what do you think the cause of it was? It seems to happen too often to Fj's i was under the impression that our diffs where strong more so with the 285's tires.
Honestly, I think its cause I drove too fast with my rear lockers engaged. I believe max speed with lockers on is 10 mph according to the Toyota manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts