Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Damageinc said:
We are looking into an elecrtic chainsaw to cut downed trees from the ice\wind storms and to open up a trail to the Bikes can see the rigs(when sharing the trail) where I wheel locally...
When the trails get overgrown every year, someone has got to open them up or plow through)of which I am not a proponent)...So I vote for the trimmers and the saw...I hope it works...
Otherwise there would be no trail...
I own an electric chain saw, but it pops the 15Amp GFI on my house sometimes, so I don't believe I'll be trying it in my FJ....... Good idea though..

Attilla

·
Registered
619 Posts
BUMMER! How does it work( meaning performance- can the electrics cut a decent sized log?)---does it blow fuses when it jams? What model do you have if you don't mind me asking so that I can look up the spec...Maybe an inline surge protector can solve this problem...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Damageinc said:
BUMMER! How does it work( meaning performance- can the electrics cut a decent sized log?)---does it blow fuses when it jams? What model do you have if you don't mind me asking so that I can look up the spec...Maybe an inline surge protector can solve this problem...
It works OK on a 20Amp circuit. I'll get the info for you tonight, it's old and orange, oiler works pretty good on it, isn't quite as good as gas, but sufficient for small amounts and minor stuff at home....

Attilla

·
Registered
619 Posts
Much appreciated...Thanks man...

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
Sweet! Mrs. 5150 told me that it was only designed to run small electronics like laptops and chargers. That outlet would've come in real handy two years ago, after Hurricane Charley, when we went without power for three weeks and didn't have a generator.

·
Registered
619 Posts
We tried a 3HP 13Amp chainsaw- It didn't work-Kept blowing the fuse- the plan now is to put a larger inverter in it since the little factory inverter won't power much( probably a 20A 2500W set up )...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Damageinc said:
We tried a 3HP 13Amp chainsaw- It didn't work-Kept blowing the fuse- the plan now is to put a larger inverter in it since the little factory inverter won't power much( probably a 20A 1000W set up )...

Great idea on the larger outlet. My brother has my chainsaw and I forgot to get the info, wouldn't work in the FJ anyway, sounds like you are on the right track....

Attilla

41 - 47 of 47 Posts