Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side electric lock will not unlock with the switch or the fob. the passenger side works fine and both doors lock. the problem is only in unlocking the drivers door. :mecry: I have checked for loose wires and have not found a problem. Could this be the Body ECU? Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas/suggestions for me?

2008 FJ

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Have seen this issue before on here.

I think it is something with the electric lock actuator on the DS door failing, or something along those lines. If you are still under warranty, i would just take it in.

If not, use the advanced search "driver door won't unlock" or something along those lines on here and you should be able to see a few threads on others having a similar issue and how they fixed it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post,I will look into this some more. Although I’ve read threads regarding the actuator. They seem to say the unlock AND lock both quit working. the other characteristic is that it would intermittently work, although sluggish. This doesn’t fit mine; my lock is working fine and very snappy. The unlock is the only problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
did you ever get this resolved. I am having the opposite issue, won't lock but unlocks fine, only the drivers door.............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts