Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my FJ for 6 months now. It's an 07 w/ manual tranny and has 76k miles on it. Does anyone know if there are any electrical issues with this model? It may just be mine but I am having a few little electrical items going wrong with mine.

#1 - The doors will lock automatically when you get out and it's just random. Sometimes they lock a few seconds after you get out, sometimes a few minutes, sometimes a few hours. I have been holding the keys in my hand and I am POSITIVE that I didn't touch the lock button and the horn will beep and the doors will lock. (This is the most annoying problem that I am having especially since I don't have a spare, I'm getting one made, and my 2 year old and my 3-1/2 year old got locked in the other day for 48 minutes and couldn't get out of their car seats to unlock the door. I could see the keys laying on the console and totally out of reach of anyone and the doors locked.)

#2 - The door jam switch on the front passenger door has quite working.

#3 - When I turn the rear wiper on it goes straight to the high speed and to get it to do the delay speed I have to turn it to high and then back to the delay.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have had mine lock its self before too, once after i had just washed the engine bay, so could be a moisture issue. Mine is an 07 as well. not sure if it has happened any other times as I always lock my doors other wise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts