Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the location indicated above on May 7th this year scouting the road on foot b/c I wasn't sure my FJ was outfitted properly. I probably could have made it but.. A group of FJ's happened along and most of them were outfitted in better fashion than mine so I am going to get that done. The leader was obviously a tour guide so my question is: do you know of such an outfit in the Moab/Monticello area? I'd like to hook up for a run up Elephant Hill road next May.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
A little lift is about all you would need for Elephant Hill. One of my all-time favorite trails.

They implemented a new permit system this year, I believe the maximum group size is three vehicles. Possibly they allow larger groups for special events like Easter Jeep Safari, I don't know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little lift is about all you would need for Elephant Hill. One of my all-time favorite trails.

They implemented a new permit system this year, I believe the maximum group size is three vehicles. Possibly they allow larger groups for special events like Easter Jeep Safari, I don't know.
Thanks Serenity. This particular group had 5 vehicles including the leader. I've attached a pic of the leader's Toyota. It looked vintage but with a shiny paint job.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you considered signing up for Cruise Moab? Elephant Hill is one of the guided runs they do and one of my favorites. It it's usually the first week of June too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for the tip Dan. Actually, Cruise Moab was held on the same first week in May that I was there. The group I encountered had to be part of Cruise Moab. I'm headed to Moab in the middle of May next year so my trip may not coincide with this event. There is a phone number on their website and maybe they can provide the number of the leader and I can arrange something with him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts