Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming that the details are still being hammered out between all parties involved in the future of the Ellis Precision product line.
As a happy customer of Ellis Precision products I have a few questions.
I was wondering if the entire product line, including the smaller items such as battery clamps, door sill protectors, flash light mounts, etc, was being carried over or just the more popular items like shift knobs and grab handles?
Are you going to carry stock or is it going to be on a group buy only basis?
I'm sure I'm not the only one that was wondering about this and as a late comer to the FJ party, as are many others, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would be interested in having the entire product line carried over and produced.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I'm assuming that the details are still being hammered out between all parties involved in the future of the Ellis Precision product line.
As a happy customer of Ellis Precision products I have a few questions.
I was wondering if the entire product line, including the smaller items such as battery clamps, door sill protectors, flash light mounts, etc, was being carried over or just the more popular items like shift knobs and grab handles?
Are you going to carry stock or is it going to be on a group buy only basis?
I'm sure I'm not the only one that was wondering about this and as a late comer to the FJ party, as are many others, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would be interested in having the entire product line carried over and produced.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This isn't my forum, I know, and if I am out of line at all I will happily edit or rescind this post.

You are definitely correct about still hammering out the details, but so far everyone involved is having nothing but a positive impact on this whole ordeal.

The idea is that Red Dirt will still be able to provide you guys with nearly everything, but I should say that those door sill protectors took me forever to clear out the 1st initial batch (last set just shipped and I made them in 2007).

I would be very hesitant to stock items like the door sill protectors in the future, but if a group buy worth of people wanted them, the engineering details will be available for more production, with as much support from me as possible at the time.

For the battery clamps, again, I haven't sold many in the last few months. There has been a sudden spike in sales, since I tried to clear them out, and that really only goes to show the weakness in my marketing skills.

I'm a decent designer, skilled machinist, and very well organized, but I am not great at marketing. I have a feeling Red Dirt is going to be much more successful at this than I ever was, and I am excited for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts