Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm doing this install on my 2007 and I'm a bit puzzled. The front bushings seem to go together just fine with the original bushing's metal pieces, but the rear bushings seem to have a hole that's too small. Any other time I've done poly bushings the inner sleeve has fit snugly but easily into the central hole in the bushing. With the front bushing of the Energy set this is the case but with the rears the hole seems to be too small - the metal sleeve is 1.06" od and the bushing is .096" id i.e. there's a full 1/10" difference. I don't want to wreck the bushing by trying to force the sleeve in, especially as the front bushing went together reasonably smoothly. Has anyone else noticed this difference? and, if so, did you do anything about it?

I've contacted Energy about this but all they did was send me a copy of the install instructions :(

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,145 Posts
Sounds like a phone conversation with them is needed.....GL!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Deb. I Just found this thread:

that contains this (post #8):

"The shorty bushing pressed easily. For my 2012 FJ, the taller bushing was a pain. ended up using a step drill to open the start of the polyurethane bushing slightly. This helped the bushing core get pressed. Since I didn't have a press I used a bottle jack to push in the bushing core by placing the core and the bushing under the tow hitch of A VEHICLE OTHER THAN THE ONE BEING WORKED ON. With a little guidance, the larger one pressed in too. "

which seems to answer my question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts