Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very nice Slee Offroad ARB Twin Compressor Mount for my 4Runner (they don't make one for the FJ) and am looking for something similar for my 2012 FJ.

I have seen some mounts from Power Trays, but I want a mount for just the ARB Twin compressor and not the power options included.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Check out 2010Armygreens build. He has what you are wanting . I have a ARB mounted on a Powertray.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I have a very nice Slee Offroad ARB Twin Compressor Mount for my 4Runner (they don't make one for the FJ) and am looking for something similar for my 2012 FJ.

I have seen some mounts from Power Trays, but I want a mount for just the ARB Twin compressor and not the power options included.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Have you considered mounting the compressor in the cargo bay instead of in the engine bay?

In the engine bay, the compressor is subject to extreme heat and humidity, and generally gets run when already heat-soaked after hours of 4-wheeling. The cargo bay offers a clean, dry, ambient temperature location that’s 40 -50 degrees cooler than the engine bay. Remember that heat is the enemy of all things electrical, especially DC motors.

I installed an ARB single compressor in the cargo bay of my ‘14, and couldn’t be happier with it. A dual-compressor system would be very similar. I included an aux DC power outlet and an outlet for an ARB fridge with circuit breakers for all three circuits, but a compressor-only system could be much simpler.

I documented the installation here, search the forum for “On-board ARB air and power distribution system”.

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Powertrays has a blank mount that fits the ARB Double Compressor perfectly. These trays can be used for literally anything :)

This solution is ideal in my opinion as it leaves both passenger side mounting options for dual batteries... plus it's less expensive and alloy.

With that being said, I've also owed the bandiworld mount as well and it's a quality piece... it just took up the spot where my Off Grid Engineering dual battery now sits.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up putting an order in for a Bandi mount. This mount puts the Twin ARB Compressor and a 1-Gallon Tank in the rear passenger corner of the engine compartment.

This option will leave me room for a second Accessory Battery (Shrockworks Mount/tray) in the Front Passenger corner of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Link to the bandi mount for the air compressor? I have a 2014... what the whole setup cost?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts